Can you recommend a course on trading psychology?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by JerryTheTrader, Oct 28, 2021.

1. %%
    VERY GOOD/excellent.........
    HE makes some real practical points\ like the sniper that won the 1,000 round shooting match/ rehearsed all 1,000 rounds. Maybe that's one reason i never was #1/LOL
    [2] number 2 shooter did some prep but not all 1,000 rounds.
    Ted Williams said ''when he got in the zone, he could see the seams on the baseball/fastball'';
    hit 3 or 4 out of 10\average .344'' May want to find something better than the zone; unless you are Ted Williams + Sears pays you big bucks to put your name on its shotguns + rifles.

#21     Oct 29, 2021
  2. nursebee

nursebee

Which stage are you at with your imaginary TSLA short?

#22     Oct 29, 2021
  3. nursebee

nursebee

What specific solutions are you looking for?
    Do you do any kind of journal? Do you review end of year?

#23     Oct 29, 2021
    twstn and murray t turtle like this.
  4. zghorner

zghorner

[​IMG]

this is a very phycology based book and a quick easy read. None of these recommendations mean shit though if you continue to hold onto losers when wrong. Ive read all of them and still suck ass.

#24     Oct 29, 2021
  5. %%
    That will work well+ may work better for you, than me/ saying i'm sorry to your wife.:D:D
    Small stops for short term inverse ETFs, works even better with no comissions.
    BUT swing/position trading a wild one like TQQQ,UPRO or spxl, i dont use tight stops @ all; but i have all price data/charts for them+ cashed out spxl profits today.
    May buy SPXL or sso again monday; say its above 200 dma........[ I told some one this week i was sorry i spelled her name wrong=worked well]

#25     Oct 29, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  6. Exactly!
    This is what I am asking for.
    Do You have knowledge form any course or book HOW to stick to rules?
    Sticking to rules is a habit. Does Mark Douglas teaching how to create this habit? No, he's not.
    This is where tarding psycholog begins for me. Not rules, but HOW to use rules.
    People have problem with sticking to rules because of lack discipline.
    So question is how did You learned discipline to stick to your trading plans, checklists, diary etc?

#26     Oct 30, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. None.
    I just wanna know what You did and what You have learned and from where?
    I would like You be specific what exactly You have learned from trading psychology to achieve more consistent profits from market.

#27     Oct 30, 2021
  8. fan27

fan27

You do not need a book or course. Create rules and follow them. You absolutely will have zero success in trading if you cannot follow your rules. Create easy to follow rules and you should be fine. If not, trading probably isn't for you.

#28     Oct 30, 2021
  9. I recommend Andrea Wylan. She has been coaching traders on trading psychology for several years. She's good. I think she is a subscriber here. Google her.

#29     Oct 30, 2021
    formikatrading likes this.
  10. Leob

Leob

You can't learn to be discipline. You become discipline when you believe in your system, in your rules.
    If you believe you had a good system ( generate high quality signals every 5 to 15 minutes during day ), believe me.. you just wait to trade.
    Do people have emotions during driving? No, they believe they have the skill to drive for A to B.

#30     Oct 30, 2021
    MACD likes this.