Can you recommend a course on trading psychology?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by JerryTheTrader, Oct 28, 2021.

• Thinking Fast and Slow by Dan Kahneman
    Tip #1: reduce the amount of time you stare at charts by 90%
    Tip #2: focus on strategies where you can build skill
    Tip #3: recognize that you can't know everything and that you will be wrong, so plan accordingly

#11     Oct 28, 2021
  1. Handle123

Handle123

#12     Oct 28, 2021
  2. MACD

MACD

Waste no time on anything else -- Just read Trading in the zone. by Mark Douglas at least twice. Why? This will eliminate the need for any other course of study and get you profitable quickly. If you need any help just ask.

#13     Oct 28, 2021
    Leob likes this.
  3. drunnels

drunnels

Tharp, Douglas, Steenbarger all helped me.

#14     Oct 28, 2021
  4. fan27

fan27

I read Mark Douglas' books years ago but it had little impact on my trading at the time because I had no edge. They are good enough, but really, you just need an edge, rules and the ability to follow those rules.

#15     Oct 28, 2021
  5. twstn

twstn

I've had a lot of people say good things about Dr. Woody Johnson:
    https://woodyswisdom.com/

Have to agree with Deaddog. It's all internal. The sooner you figure out how to deal with this, the sooner you'll improve.

#16     Oct 28, 2021
  6. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

yeah take a few thousands stops, get pissed off, then figure out what tf to start doing differently

then bang your head on the wall and apologize to the wife

then try and do something differently, like fade yourself lol

coaches can be helpful, to get you to question Why are you doing dumbass things

light at the end of the tunnel = better Rules, and follow em, like ddog sez

If i were to channel a motivational speaker, id say you can change your account in an instant, snap fingers, from big to small lol

its tough af, all that matters is risk mgmt / small stops. and great rules. and the discipline to follow 'em

#17     Oct 28, 2021
    zghorner, murray t turtle and twstn like this.
  7. twstn

twstn

Agreed 100%

#18     Oct 28, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  8. MACD

MACD

@fan27 -- an excellent programmer and great contributor to ET. Yes "Ya, gotta Have Edge" For me, Douglas' "Trading in the Zone" emphasizes the need for "Edge" Defines Edge and warns that one should not proceed with trading for profits until one can Accurately Define their EDGE. Even his test of one's Edge is made clear in that book. So, I bet now that "years ago" You @fan27 would now agree that this may be the only book a newbie trader should read often -- get an Edge -- as Douglas states: "Create your own or buy or steal one," Once you have proven to yourself that you have Your Edge -- then test it as described in "Trading In The Zone" and go forth and Prosper!

Therefore I heartily recommend that his book is more than necessary.

Peace out,
    MACD (just my ET handle)

#19     Oct 28, 2021
    JerryTheTrader and fan27 like this.
  9. 3 sentences but a lesson for lifelong

#20     Oct 29, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.