Can you program custom indicators?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by ImamicPH, Sep 18, 2006.

1. ???

2. Orr

Orr

We can program custom indicators into our server based architecture.
    If you are interested, please send an email to support@strategyrunner.com with subject: "developing proprietary indicator" and we will supply you with the required input.

3. I write computer programs to test trading methods. I can probably write any indicator that you want to create. Send me private mail if you wish.

4. H&S,

Thanks. I'm wondering about Stragtegy Runner though specifically. Is it like TradeStation?

5. StrategyRunner

StrategyRunner Strategy Runner, Ltd.

SR is unlike TS.
    TS is an application that depends on the client PC being turned on all the time in order to generate the orders, while SR runs on a server and is completely hands free.

This means that you may close your PC and live your daily life as long as the strategy is running on our servers.

Take a look at our testimonials, where you'll be able to also find links to articles etc:
    http://www.strategyrunner.com/Content/Testimonials.html

6. It's a good question, thanks for asking it.

I would need to look into their fee's though, unless they have a program for allowing customers to develop a knowledge base and do their own programming.

Also, I don't think they enable you to monitor other indices (spreads, vix, trin) in relation to your strategy, so you might want to take that into consideration as well.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Jam

7. I see you're able to manually enter orders. That's all I'm really interested in. I'm not going to upgrade to Pro just for the automation, eventhough thats a nice feature if you're ready for that step.

I see on the site that I can draw custom lines? Is this just a feature that allows the user to point and draw a line with a mouse?

Would I be able to run a custom indicator from SR's server?

8. FutTrd

FutTrd

what is the matter with some of you people. You are working hard on idea for indicator only to ask a programer to take it from you.

why do you think all these smart ET guys are ready and willing to take your idea and program it.

man people can be dumb,

look I'll be honest, I don't care if you are stupid enough to be used abused and tricked

i am just afraid you will come up with my indicator by fluke and then just give it to some guy :D

PS but also I am a bit serious, :mad:

9. I couldn't agree with you more.

But then again, I'm a cynical bastard.

Regards,

JJ

10. Orr

Orr

#10     Sep 21, 2006