Can you pay your capital gain taxes monthly ?

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by cashclay, Jun 9, 2021.

1. S2007S

S2007S

I would up that by a bit more. Go with something like 36-38%

#11     Jun 10, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. %%
    IF i do owe them/aim @ $1.00 or $4.00 over what i owe/so penalty never kicks in much.
    Roth/back door roth owes no cap gains.
    Thats also the reason some buy muni bonds+ use a CPA. Some use a separate account for taxes, but i never did that; but did use the IRS paperwork if i owed them quarterly .........

#12     Jun 10, 2021
  3. cashclay

cashclay

Thank you for your helpful advice. Is this what most traders do?>

#13     Jun 10, 2021
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I would pay nothing. You can have three good quarters and then a disaster where all your profits are wiped out. Then you have to go asking for your taxes back.

also money you send the irs quarterly isn’t growing for you. That can be worth a few percentage points a year.

#14     Jun 11, 2021
    comagnum likes this.
  5. %%
    only IF THEY DONT LIKE HUGE irs PENALTIES OR HAVE NO ROTH /BACK DOOR ROTH.
    {caps COMPUTER MALFUNCTION]:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:,:D:D] IRS IS SUPPOSED TO BE CAPS/lol

#15     Jun 11, 2021
  6. ph1l

ph1l

Here's something that might be helpful.:D

#16     Jun 11, 2021
  7. %%
    Strange, that computer refused to capital letter IRS/LOL. NO disrespect intended to IRS.

ANOTHER reason i , if + when i owed IRS; got in the habit of sending them something[quarterly,] that way, we don't wake up one year+owe them big buck$ \ big penalty\big trouble\big trouble...................................................................................
    ROTH + back door Roth owe no capital gains; same way with muni bonds, they say.:caution::caution:

#17     Jun 11, 2021