can you open an account with 2000 $?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by mounafia, Jun 24, 2009.

1. It's all wrong, no question about it :p

#21     Jun 27, 2009
  2. well why then don't you expound on it? you high and mighty cableguy? :cool:

#22     Jun 27, 2009
  3. You really don't have a clue, kid. :D

Get off your dad's computer. :mad:

#23     Jun 27, 2009
  4. You guys have nothing better to do than talking down a 20-year old on his dads laptop on a saturday morning, who are the sad persons here? :p

I bet you guys don't even know what you're talking about :cool:

#24     Jun 27, 2009
  5. You usually take care of both sides of the conversation, just use one of your maaaaaaaaany other aliases :p

Come on, entertain us on Saturday morning!

#25     Jun 27, 2009
  6. $2K to open IB account for futures.
    With that you get a papertrader acct.
    Not much you can trade with $2K. ZC, ZF, NQ to name a few.
    Best to start with at least $10K min.
    $50K is more realistic but not without a system that works for you.

#26     Jun 27, 2009
  7. cstfx

cstfx

#27     Jun 27, 2009
  8. Georgii

Georgii

I also think that targeting an individual customer is a bit inefficient. I mean, if they did that then basically all they're doing is robbing each customer full time. The way I see it, the statistics of failure with retail traders are so high that the brokerage shouldn't have to cheat in order to make a profit. Its like with gambling, the house has the edge so it really doesn't pay for them to cheat - its easy enough to make money without doing that, and you don't expose yourself to the risk of a scandal if you're caught.

Concerning running stops, how exactly do the market makers do this? I'm still a bit rusty on my market mechanics. This is how I see it...

You (the retail trader) want to buy Swissy. The market maker is constantly out there buying and selling lots of Swissy, virtually every few seconds, from the IB market, right?

So the mm hits a bid for Swissy in the IB market at 1.0800, turns around and bids it to the retail trader at a markup of 1.0805. The mm pockets 5 pips. The Swissy moves up to 1.0820 bid in the IB market. The mm moves up his bid to 1.0825. The retail trader his the bid at 1.0825. MM makes 5 pips. So far so good, right?

#28     Jun 27, 2009
  9. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

And those 6 currency micro contracts M6x with margin requirements between 270 and 450 USD intraday and overnite.

Hittfeld

#29     Jun 27, 2009
  10. On which exchange??? fairy land exchange?

#30     Jun 27, 2009