Can you make sense of these technicals?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by farmerjohn1324, Feb 7, 2020.

1. padutrader

padutrader

in the chart below you have a clear uptrend and then a sell cross over-in an up trend do not take sell signals.
    you could buy the extension out of the channel marked in yellow or the up breakout from the same channel or the buy cross over that happens later f4.jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    #11     Feb 7, 2020
  2. padutrader

padutrader

this is what happened....and oh YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!! technical is bullshit. f5.jpg

#12     Feb 7, 2020
  3. padutrader

padutrader

using technical wrongly and then blaming technicals is like taking the wrong turn getting lost and then blaming the road

#13     Feb 8, 2020
  4. padutrader

padutrader

if they chased reversals they would say technicals work because all trends reverse.

no it is because they mis use technical and then say it does not serve their purpose.

it makes a lot of sense to use a gun to shoot people.

but if you mis use a gun you will shoot yourself in the foot and then say the gun does not work, it did not shoot others the bloody thing shot me.

the same thing with technicals

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    #14     Feb 8, 2020
    Heydrrich and tomorton like this.
  5. padutrader

padutrader

that's like asking why is it Washington and why not New York.
    What is so special about Washington?
    what makes Washington special is Washington itself.

ema 9 is special because it is 9 ema and not 50 ema.

#15     Feb 8, 2020
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Actually, to be sarcastic, many people have gotten lost and blamed the GPS in their car even in deadly car accidents in which they drove the wrong way on a one way street...ignoring the the street signs that said one way or wrong way. :D

The thread starter farmerjohn1324 may be just trolling here at ET about technical analysis and/or daytrading. Its happen a few times before.

wrbtrader

#16     Feb 8, 2020
    tommcginnis likes this.
  7. padutrader

padutrader

what kind of market do you want?
    just change the time frame and you will have it.
    of course if you yourself do not know what you want......

#17     Feb 8, 2020
    Heydrrich likes this.
  8. padutrader

padutrader

no I do not think so

he is a business man with better things to do.

he does not understand technical analysis and 99% of traders do not understand it.that is why they lose.
    I did not understand technical analysis for 30 years...only now I am understanding it.
    I may have used it for 30 years but I did not know what the hell it was.

#18     Feb 8, 2020
  9. padutrader

padutrader

you have to use technical correctly.
    I agree most of technical-not all- is useless.
    indicators are derived from price so using them to confirm what price is doing is probably the most absurd thing in this universe. you must avoid multicollinearity.

#19     Feb 8, 2020
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Don't fall down the rabbit hole with him about TA...you will be posting hindsight charts all day (pun intended). :D

wrbtrader

#20     Feb 8, 2020