Can you keep sanity day trading?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by qlai, Feb 4, 2019.

1. qlai,

I respect your opinion.

What is challenging and complex to you, could be easy and simple to someone else. You or I do not know how many XXX, XXX million other traders out there think of the trading. Some traders think it is easy, some traders think it is challenging. I will believe trading is challenging and hard when a statics study is done interviewing every day trader clicking a mouse today on the DOM today. Otherwise, that article is just a bunch of playing around stuff.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    #31     Feb 6, 2019
  2. slugar

slugar

I'm not sure why doing it the wrong way would make it easy, I think doing it the right way would be easier than doing it the wrong way, there are many ways to make money in the market and what's the right way for you may be the wrong way for someone else!

#32     Feb 6, 2019
  3. slvrrisc,

I agree, show me the money consistently.

#33     Feb 6, 2019
  4. qlai

qlai

What I meant by that is that many people start trading as a hobby. They take some play money they are not afraid to loose. Often this results in big wins because they don't care about draw downs and/or money management. I think that is also the reason many consider paper trading useless. But if you make proper requirements for yourself like max DD/exposure, max risk per trade, R:R, and consistency ... it becomes much much harder no matter the style ... Real or paper.

#34     Feb 6, 2019
  5. monee

monee

This last paragraph is a true pearl of wisdom!

#35     Feb 6, 2019
    slugar and SimpleMeLike like this.
  6. Mnewton

Mnewton

He is definitely nuts. You only need to trade 4 or 5 trades from 10.30 to 12.
    Min 1000 shares and make 30 cents for $300 , do that 3 times make sometimes more and sometimes less, for $1000 a day and you are home free.

#36     Feb 9, 2019
    slugar likes this.