can you increase aggregate demand without decreasing interest rates or reducing gov

Discussion in 'Economics' started by morganist, Sep 24, 2009.

1. morganist

morganist Guest

i explained this on the other page.

my position is that for small amounts it will not alter that much. also there are other factors explained than income like culture age etc. some people will spend everything no matter how much you give them. especially now.

thank you for your responses they are interesting and i will consider them.

random capital i will research what you said. note however it is a different time now and situations are different.

#11     Sep 25, 2009
  2. Daal

Daal

If the central bank credibly threatens to destroy the currency, aggregate demand will rise as people will fear tomorrow's inflation and spend today

#12     Sep 25, 2009
  3. morganist

morganist Guest

i respect your view. however it is unlikely it will be an instant collapse. it will be gradual and unexpected (by most) so they will not all have fear at once. some have been predicting this for years they were wrong years ago so who knows. also most people are two pay checks from bankruptcy so could they spend that much.

i suggest this because the alternatives are not working. i suspect the stimulus will fail so this is a contingency. don't even if previous implementation failed it is different now a different culture plus the situation is dire.

thanks for replies.

#13     Sep 25, 2009
  4. morganist

morganist Guest

regardless of the the other aspects of this post has anyone had a look at my taxation program.

i would appreciate feedback.

#14     Sep 25, 2009
  5. Daal

Daal

I'm not referring to actual currency collapse I'm referring to the central bank threatening to destroy the currency. Imagine if bernanke went to make a speech and said 'The Fed does not have an exit strategy, we are targeting 5% CPI inflation for the next ten years, we will increase our QE purchases to unlimited amounts, that means every single marketable UST bond and agency MBS, we might also buy all muni bonds in the market'

Inflation expectations would go to the moon, gold would hit $1100 within minutes, TIPS would soar, velocity would rise and this would increase aggregate demand

#15     Sep 25, 2009
  6. morganist

morganist Guest

is this likely to happen and even if it was. isn't my suggestion one way of avoiding this.

thank you for your explanation though i was unsure.

#16     Sep 25, 2009