Can You Forgive Me?- More Ideas

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, May 13, 2019.

1. LIST EXPLODES!
    NGM
    NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
    14.64 +1.23 +9.17%
    LITE
    Lumentum Holdings Inc.
    47.20 +2.78 +6.26%
    SITE
    SiteOne Landscape Supply, Inc.
    67.18 +1.76 +2.70%
    MBUU
    Malibu Boats, Inc.
    41.87 +1.16 +2.85%
    URGN
    UroGen Pharma Ltd.
    38.40 +1.16 +3.11%

#21     May 21, 2019
  2. Well it looks like a big down open. This is a good time to see how certain stocks react in a downhill ski mode. For instance we have been dancing around this name CONE as a REIT play what I like about it-- the chart, the old higher high, the type of management (private fundy and it would seem eager to sell), the sector, the interest rate scenario now with rates being held steady for as prolonged time. That's a lot to like; what I don't like is the rather small yield of 3%. CONE pays out approx 48% of their funds from operation, to me they could stop buying stuff and boost that dividend, that would be attractive. Anyway lets see how a data center REIT handles this sell off.

Yesterdays best performer for me was
    NGM Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (NGM)

14.82+1.00 (+7.24%)

Another good tactic is to watch NGM for a retrace and pounce.
    Interestingly BYCL the IPO has priced towards the low end @ 14 and will begin trading on May 23. Such bad timing may provide us with an opportunity. It turns out today is May 23rd!~si

#22     May 23, 2019
  3. NGM has my eye! So much to talk about! BYCL goes public on the very worst day yesterday! Crashed! People are freaking out at Goldman Sacks will they defend the stock today?

Check this out
    IPO Calendar">IPO Calendar

I see an interesting name coming to market and I wanted to share it with the group. Bicycle Therapeutics (BCYC) is a biotech play that focuses on medicine for diseases that are underserved by existing therapeutics. That alone tells me there is something good here, but then I looked at the deal itself.">I see an interesting name coming to market and I wanted to share it with the group. Bicycle Therapeutics (BCYC) is a biotech play that focuses on medicine for diseases that are underserved by existing therapeutics. That alone tells me there is something good here, but then I looked at the deal itself.

I see 4.3M shares offered with an initial range of $14 - $16.  That low number of shares ensures an oversubscribed scenario which is what you want to see.  The double digit share price is also an important part of the mix.  Finally, they have Goldman Sachs leading the deal with Jefferies and Piper Jaffray – which is also generally a good thing.">I see 4.3M shares offered with an initial range of $14 - $16. That low number of shares ensures an oversubscribed scenario which is what you want to see. The double digit share price is also an important part of the mix. Finally, they have Goldman Sachs leading the deal with Jefferies and Piper Jaffray – which is also generally a good thing.

As is the case with any IPO, you should take the time to read the S-1 and have a good understanding of what it is they do and when or if they will make money.  What I see tells me the structure is one that follows the playbook of successful deals.  Low float, double digits, and a strong lead banker and team.">As is the case with any IPO, you should take the time to read the S-1 and have a good understanding of what it is they do and when or if they will make money. What I see tells me the structure is one that follows the playbook of successful deals. Low float, double digits, and a strong lead banker and team.

Portfolios">Portfolios And It went DOWN 12%!!!
    BEYOND MEAT IS PEOPLE FOLKS!!!!! WAKE UP It's Soylant Green all over again. Old people. That's your burger. I've got three huge grass fed bad boys for grilling tomorrow!!! 99% sure the 10th stock to the summer portfolio will be NGM. I may also go in on SITE because we are now ST bottoming and have a run ahead of us and SITE did not buckle despite short position = rocket. I also favor Malibu Boat and Delta airlines and Data Storage/ REIT play CONE.

#23     May 24, 2019
  4. I don't like the way the filter is working on my pool. I need more force from the jets.

That was the thought of the weekend and pretty much my thoughts on the market. It may not be pretty, there may be a bunch of pollen and dead flies around but gosh darn it the first swim of the season has been had! In other words Let the Great Summer Rally Begin!

... Back to that Betting idea... I spotted this- GVC sounds really interesting LT-Stoney

GVC Holdings lands key U.S. approvals
    • GVC Holdings (OTCPK:GMVHF) confirms it landed regulatory approval to operate in the state of Nevada for an initial two-year period.
    • The company says its Roar Digital joint venture with MGM Resorts also received a transactional waiver from the New Jersey Department of Gaming Enforcement to operate in the state of New Jersey.
    • GVC CEO Kenneth Alexander calls the developments two important milestones which pave the way for the creation of a market leading U.S. betting and gaming business.
    • Shares of GVC are up 2.04% in London trading.

#24     May 28, 2019
  5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Another stock I follow. IRBT
    Always has a large % of the float short and its a great trading stock, but either way, they make a great pool cleaner.
    https://www.irobot.com/for-the-home/outdoor-maintenance/mirra

Glad to see a gaming idea.

#25     May 28, 2019
  6. IRBT is an old stonedinvesting stock! Lets just say it was a lot cheaper back then. I have never understood why this particular stock went over $100 and I do follow it closely-- However i did NOT KNOW ABOUT THE POOL CLEANER...!! DOES IT SKIM THE SURFACE OR CLEAN THE BOTTOM?? I have problems in both areas in my pool and my life.

Van I don't know why it's just me and you buying but Today we start being rewarded. I go off the mood of the market-- I raised cash on a day I was so disgusted by CNBC they had 24 hrs straight of gushing new highs and buy ideas and not One cautionary note-- It rang a bell you can always feel it folks if you let it-- That's way too many people going the same way-- Now it's the opposite. I've never seen folks more glum= the Yahoo head page is saying we are about to collapse after just one or two more bad reports (way to qualify!) Cramer is negative he's not seeing one good sector anywhere; everyone is down; the Dow has been down what 5 straight weeks? Oh the calamity: the trade, the trade, oh the trade.

Well I see something different here and important. Yes Trump did say all kinds of bad stuff about trade with China and for the first time the futures didn't blink. China went up! and so shall we: what we have here folks is the disengaging of the markets and Trump's wild talk.

We have known for a while that Trump wanted to push the China talks back closer to the election run- this has been a rumor for some time. Seeing the stock response it caused has the market thinking this will get done at some point and for the first time seems willing to shrug off an escalating trade war.

How does any of this relate to NGM Pharma? Well about a month ago
    NGM
    [​IMG]
    NGM Biopharmaceuticals initiated with a Buy at Citi
    Apr 29, 2019 | 08:44 EDT
    Citi analyst Joel Beatty started NGM Biopharmaceuticals with a Buy rating and $29 price target.

Trading at a buck below it's IPO and with Price targets in the $29 range I've seen another one at $27 we see the view of the market a snap view of the end of April. This stock should double.

#26     May 28, 2019
  7. Dear Shareholders-
    This is what bottoms feel like. It's a rare earth moment and a real panic in tech land. Soon we will be a nation of wood toys built in the USA and ridiculously expensive. I go way back with rare earths to Molycorp. In fact in this web site there is a good amount of Moly talk a ways back-- the rare earth type. They went busto and are private now and I imagine a bunch of rouge bankers are about to get really rich as the Gov will have to take over their mine.

This is a delicate dance China does not want to spur any real growth in rare earths in other places. South America, Vietnam, Russia, Australia, Canada and a lot of mines not tapped. There's a huge upfront cost of course and a time lag so for now China has the upper hand. This is how China recently defeated japan in a mini trade war they had-- they used the rare earth card.

It's rather like a board game. Trump is obviously in way over his head and it's scary. I would think he will be cowed into a bad deal shortly and we will all have our rally. Did the rally start yesterday-? Our Watch Stocks went up great! MBUU & SITE <--- So Look There today.

Adding Iron Mountain to the watch list... and as always watching NGM intently... Folks we are going to buy our way out of this mess. Iron Mtn has a very large dividend & a old fashioned stale industry of storing actual paper generated by businesses. Think a lawyers firm... or medical... But they also now have 14 data centers-- so this is maybe a Co that could be rewarded with a higher PE as they get a bit groovier and perhaps find a way to convert existing customers into cloud data stuff, like taking a storage bin's worth of crap and reducing it to a thumbnail... Then what of all these deep mines and storage areas in mountains... could there be rare earth there??? Just asking. ~stoney

#27     May 29, 2019
  8. Delta comes in second place for America’s best airlines
    - Only area of concern entertainment wifi
    -Company helping Delta in that category = GOGO ET Portfolio Stk

Gogo to launch 5G network in 2021

May 29, 2019
    Gogo is first inflight connectivity provider to announce a 5G network for aviation" style="margin: 0px 0px 1em;">Gogo is first inflight connectivity provider to announce a 5G network for aviation

CHICAGO, May 29, 2019 /PRNewswire/Gogo (GOGO), the leading global provider of broadband connectivity products and services for aviation, today announced its plans to build a 5G network for aviation. The newair-to-ground (ATG)network will be designed for use on business aviation aircraft, commercial regional jets and smaller mainline jets operating within the contiguous United States and Canada. Gogo expects the network to be available for business and commercial aviation in 2021.

#28     May 29, 2019
  9. Could this be Day 3 of the rally! I know it may not look that way to you but it does to me. I know you say weren't we down 400 yesterday and the other day didn't we dive in the last hour?
    All I can say is I had finished up trading and didn't see that last hour what was that Tues? And yesterday all the talk was about the bond market not stocks. There's some problem in high yelid corporate debt it's filtering through the system and is going to blow everything up and US Bonds are a safe haven except for our ballooning debt and that's the real reason the Fed cannot raise what has happened to the debt.

One minute the economy is rip roaring and the next we must cut rates. Something is not adding up. Psychology is bad and we must somehow change that. We need desperately a next " big thing " and I don't think it's going to be sports gambling that's a negative job growth factor- most of it is computerized you don't hire that many people-- once your customer loses it all in the playoffs, it's tough to retain them.

Curved Screen Cell phones? Is that enough? Curved TV's... OLED Screens... The phone has hit a wall and TV's are hanging in but without sports the average teenager won't even turn on the TV.
    The next big thing.. Watching other people play video games.. Gaming sports franchises... and leagues...

I think Electric stuff has a good shot. I won't drive one but there could be a massive changeover to electric scooters, bikes etc.. No one peddles anymore this is how the human race lost their second leg... When they look back hundreds of years from now what will they say. Our necks bent by staring at phones our thumbs move different and type tiny buttons our second leg missing... This is how we become the One Legged people.

The market it feels quite one-legged as well... I had an eye opening event today in my research I decided to look into Malibu boats and any China reliance or sales... Oh boy massive website for China and all kinds of hope for sales! I wouldn't of thought that- these are rather small sporty boats but the American Dream is the American Dream. So although manufacturing appears to be out of Australia I'm not sure where the motors come from... and of course sales to China tariffs etc...

Back To SITE landscape! ~stoney

#29     May 30, 2019
  10. vanzandt

vanzandt

Hey Stoney btw.... on your pool jets.... have you backwashed your filter? That'll restrict the volume as well as the velocity of the jets. If you by chance have a pressure gauge on the pump, see what it reads. If its at about 20PSI (it should be 10 psi) you probably just have to backwash and then rinse the filter. The filter is that big tank thing filled with sand lol, not sure how informed you are about these things. Its got the big handle selector valve on top.

#30     May 30, 2019