Can you buy and sell russell 2000

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mitwave, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Simple: nice run up since the end of August that got overdone in December. We've spent this month first moving higher more slowly, and now backing and filling a little bit, and as of today, it seemed to me we were if not done with that, close enough to justify an intermediate term decision to get back in.
    Earnings reports were good, economic reports are coming in reasonably OK, so there's no reason to take a decision to stay out forever. The dollar has continued to steadily weaken, and that means the competitive position of US companies is improved, in the aggregate.
    Interest rates are rising, but are hardly at a level that would cause any concern. Banks, most importantly for small companies, are gradually loosening up.
    From a trading POV, sentiment is now back to something less than ebullient, which is where it was just a few weeks ago.
    I'd be comfortable, given the time horizon, with taking a 3 or 4% hit from today's close. Anything more than that would make me re-evaluate.

#11     Jan 22, 2011
  2. Thanks. I think there is probably a 1-2% to go down from here just based on the momentum but I think long is a good plan, providing there is no "credit crisis".

#12     Jan 22, 2011
  3. easymon1

easymon1

Can you buy and sell russell 2000?

hell yeah 866 truck.jpg
    delete.png

#13     Apr 28, 2023