Can you believe, someone published my trading system, SO ANGRY

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dd4d4d, Jun 8, 2007.

1. neke

neke

If your strategy really works, it is not going to die immediately because someone else published it. As others have said, the market is so vast, and people too fickle, that a single strategy will not draw up enough followership in the short term to neutralize it. Even if it does eventually work itself out, you should be in a position to devise new ones.

There is a strategy that used to return 1% a trade (lasting a day) that I had three years ago. Now it returns 0.5% on average. The market is obviously getting more automated and efficient, but the inefficiency will always be there: you will just have to settle for lesser of it, or get more long-term.

#41     Jun 10, 2007
  2. find the company that owns patents/copyright to animated icons and you will see MSFT buying them out.

the evolution of microsoft operating structure, leads one to think that the desktop will become more fluid like in nature.

I remember a company about 15 years ago, that came out with a product called ICONDOIT, it let you change the icons and put animations in them.

for what its worth, =)

chris

#42     Jun 10, 2007
  3. tortoise

tortoise

http://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/abstract/4/4/442

#43     Jun 10, 2007
  4. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

#44     Jun 10, 2007
  5. Gates was born into a wealthy family, so capital was readily available when he and Paul Allen started Microsoft (which was not started in a garage).

#45     Jun 10, 2007
  6. Solution:

1. Badmouth your system on every trading forum on earth.
    2. Tell everyone that the guy is a fraud.
    3. Discredit the strategy with some "trend following doesn't work", "astrology is for nuts", "TA is fraud" or "Elliott wave is a joke" BS.
    3. Claim that you lost money trading the same system.
    4. Ask the guy to show trading records.
    5. Ask a finance professor to produce a study proving "scientifically" that the strategy doesn't work.
    6. With 4 and 5 on hand, ask the SEC to investigate him for fraudulent records and soliciting.
    7. Problem solved. Now you have your system all for yourself. :D :D

#46     Jun 10, 2007
  7. Mvic

Mvic

Amazon, Dell, Google, Oracle etc etc. It really doesn't matter though as anyone who has an ounce of entrepreneurial spirit and is passionate about their idea would never sell out for peanuts anyway no matter what anyone said. I had to deal with naysayers from day 1 and for several years until things started looking good, now those same people have forgotten that the wealth they enjoy due to my generosity is begotten from the very idea they said was a waste of time. Life is fun and funny.

#47     Jun 10, 2007
  8. dd4d4d

dd4d4d

HEY NOW WE ARE TALKING

BTW you should work for Bush administration :D

#48     Jun 10, 2007
  9. EliteTrader? This site is starting to be a drag, typically some fuckhead posts his dribble, then ten guys come to his defense offering soothing words; another ten flame his ass, three guys post dumbass avatars, and life goes on until Don Bright chimes in with a blurb on how his firm never has a problem with whatever the first pinhead posted to begin this nightmare.

Hey Moderator, why dont you shut out 67% of the morons who reply to these worthless posts, sitting somewhere in the BVD's sucking on a granola bar, wearing Birckenstocks and ...wow...trading on IB, or Etrade or a reasonable facsimile therof.

I had hopes the daytrade bubble burst would have wiped out most of these Gameboy traders by now.

Get this fucked up site back to something useful instead of a public toilet wall of trading graffiti.

#49     Jun 10, 2007
  10. dd4d4d

dd4d4d

who the hell do you think you are Anvil 93939 or whatever

do you think that we are all just here to discuss topics only you are interested in

I can take you to school boy

drink less beer and study charts you idiot and just maybe you'll know what I know

and that is how to make market your bitch like it is MINE

#50     Jun 10, 2007