Can you believe, someone published my trading system, SO ANGRY

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dd4d4d, Jun 8, 2007.

1. dd4d4d

dd4d4d

as for others thank you for your input

providing a shoulder to cry on

none of you really helped but you did make me feel better...........so I guess you helped

#31     Jun 9, 2007
  2. l suspect you are a retail trader. Do you realise how insignificant you thoughts, actions and behaivour is to other market participants ? As long as you can pay your fees and commissions 99.99% of institutions, people or traders would care less whether you used neural networks or ancient mystic Fibonacci & Golden spiral numbers. Your mistake was to turn trading plan formulation into a quest for a know it all and fits all strategy. Markets change over time. Only a couple of years ago you could squeeze 5-7% on stocks for MSCI, S&P or Hang Seng Bank index changes, nowadays you pray for 3% , thats how things change, and will always change. Unfortunately traders(probably me first) sometimes try and satisfy the in built human desire to right at all times by devising complex strategies which are probably in use elsewhere & free of charge...

#32     Jun 9, 2007
  3. Mvic,

I give you sound advise only sir. Do your homework and you will see that the 2 gentlemen did exactly as I said. They were very wise to peddle their ideas and or prototypes to the large companies like DOW Chemical and Union Carbibe.

Here is another example for you: The first version of DOS (Disk Operating System) was sold to Bill Gates for 50k.

You could argue that was the biggest mistake ever made on the face of the earth. Fact is that you forget to realize that the guy who sold the first version of DOS probrably did not have the capital, know how, or desire to try and turn it into what Bil Gates did.

peace.

#33     Jun 9, 2007
  4. dd4d4d

dd4d4d

you know maybe just maybe

if we were all more giving and sharing type, rather than ME ME ME

maybe world would be a better place to live :)

#34     Jun 9, 2007
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

No, you don't. In your examples the companies basicly STOLE the idea and made little variations to avoid copyright/patent issues.

In the OP's bitching he is crying about a guy ACCIDENTALLY discovering the same strategy and giving it away for free...

BIG difference. As another poster pointed out, 1 strategy doesn't make or break the market so stop sweating over it....

#35     Jun 9, 2007
  6. Cesko

Cesko

:D :D :D :D :D :D
    blah blah blah

#36     Jun 10, 2007
  7. Mvic

Mvic

It is terrible advice and the US stock markets are chock full of stories that lay your argument to waste. I don't need anyone else's story to know that, my own experience is sufficient though by no means unique given the success stories that are replete in my circle of friends and acquaintances. It is one thing to partner with a larger company or to license a product but to sell something that you believe will be a blockbuster is myopic. Any great idea sold well will be able to attract angel investors and if needed VC money. Organic growth can get you to an IPO. The key to being a successful entrepreneur is a passionate belief in your product/service and tenacity, not capitalization. Bill Gates is a good example of this and so is Steve Jobs, they started their companies in garages for goodness sakes and Gates was a college drop out. Selling out before you even get started for peanuts is the same as a trader taking profits immediately. You have to let your winners run to extract the real value and the same is true in business. Yeah you need balls too to take the risk that years of work might be for nought (never is even if the business/idea doesn't take off in much the same way that traders learn from their mistakes before they make it), it isn't easy and it isn't for everyone. I will say this, it is easier to do in America than just about anywhere else in the world.

#37     Jun 10, 2007
  8. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

9. bluud

bluud

In this world no one listens to anyone ... no one really gives a fuck unless you are a gay fag pop star ... you could go publish your system on every single trading site and forum and else where with all details ... and nothing would change ... only a few newbies would test your system and then forget about it after it's first failure ... so don't consider yourself so big or your system so special ... I've seen worse

#39     Jun 10, 2007
  10. bluud

bluud