Can you believe, someone published my trading system, SO ANGRY

Discussion in 'Trading' started by dd4d4d, Jun 8, 2007.

1. dd4d4d

dd4d4d

but in all honesty

I am the kind of person who wouldn't believe this BOZO on internet anyway and would have to learn it my self even though it is offered for free

now how sick is that :confused:

#21     Jun 9, 2007
  2. Haha. This poster is transparent. He created his nickname by hitting random keys on the keyboard. This is another bluestreak or stocktrader id.

I wonder what these guys have against elitetrader. Sometimes I think its those folks from the competing website trade2win trying to make elitetrader into a pit.

#22     Jun 9, 2007
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

If it makes you to feel better, most people don't believe in getting value for free.

So you should start an advisory service or something similar...

#23     Jun 9, 2007
  4. Dear son,
    Don't get angry. Life is sharing.

#24     Jun 9, 2007
  5. Hey man,

Nice post.

Wanted to chime in on your post. I worked as a Mechanical Engineer for 15 years doing machine design and understand what you are talking about.

You brought up a good point about patents. Most folks don't realize that all a patent does is give you the right to sue. Most folks cannot afford to pay the legal fees to sue anyways.

The smart thing to do is what the guy who invented the inline skates. He brought his concept to some bigger companies with a full manufacturing and engineering design groups and sold his prototype and rights to the company for 50k.

This is the reality of bright ideas. If you or I tried to bring a concept to the market, first of all it would cost a lot to do, but we would not have the manufacturing facility to do it. And, secondly we would have to fight off the competition from the big guys who would blow our doors off.

You might say, oh well I will just patent it and protect myself. Ha Ha Ha. sorry, Have to laugh at folks who think that a patent is the cure.

Fact is this about patents: Your patent will, as I said before only give you the right to sue, and secondly the big guys have way to much power to beat. They have patent lawyers, teams of design engineers, and full blown manufacturing capabilities. They would simply bypass your patent by changing your design slightly or most likely improving it and enter the market and blow your doors off.

Here is an example for you:

You have all heard of the Ziploc bag right? A bright engineer came up with the idea of a bag that would be like a zipper. He even figured out how to manufacture it. He brought his idea, first to Union Carbibe. UC told him that there was no way anyone would pay 17 cents for a bag (that is what it would cost to manufacture the bag at the time.) You remember the old style bags that you had to fold over the flap correct? they cost about 2 cents each.

Anyways, UC told him no. So he went to DOW with the idea and DOW bought it. Dow paid him 50k and DOW started making the ziploc bag that we all know so well.

Well of course the bags were a big hit and everyone was buying the new bag and paying the much higher price.

So, Union Carbibe was scrambling and knew they had to get in the market. Problem was that there were 300 patents on the bag and the exact manufacturing of the bag.

Union Carbibe (later First Brands) was able to enter the market with their version of the zipper bag. It is called the Glad-Lock bag. If you look at the bag you will notice some slight variations on the ziploc bag. Note that is has colors- blue and red make green. This was done to bypass the patent on the single extrusion that ziploc had on the closure portion of the bag. Glad uses 3 separate extrusion towers to make the bag so they were able to bypass the patent on the extrusion of the zipper seal.

This is just one example but I think you laymen can see what I am talking about.

Just because you have a patent (or even 300!) does not matter one bit. If there is a market for the product you better bet your ass that there will be competition and from the big boys.

So, if you have a great product that you have kept careful design notes on and even have a prototype, then do this: bring it to the big boys and sell it to them. If you try to enter the market with it by yourself you will get hammered so fast.

Anyways, I too have a profitable trading method that I even posted on this site. Some folks were very accurate when they even said that 10 folks trading the method will get 10 different results because they will deviate from it some way some how.

peace.

#25     Jun 9, 2007
  6. Cesko

Cesko

when my friends went out and partied, I stayed home for countless hours studying charts and trying to keep sane because of all the failures.

and finally after 3 years I graduate, it was immediately obvious that all that hard work and sacrifice paid off.

so I am surfing the web the other day only to find that some BOZO has published EXACTLY my strategy on line for all free to see.

BULLSHIT.
    Anybody who knows just little bit about trading knows that. Just wasted few seconds to actually respond to this non-sense!!

#26     Jun 9, 2007
  7. MGJ

MGJ

Look at it from the other guys perspective: he invented a trading system and gave it away for free because he wanted to.

Does he care whether or not somebody else independently invented the same system? No.

Does he care whether or not somebody else claims they independently invented the same system? No.

Does he care whether or not somebody else claims the system is delightfully profitable and wishes it were a private secret instead of public knowledge? This probably makes him smile a little.

#27     Jun 9, 2007
  8. Okay, I'm stupid.

good luck with it!!!!!!

#28     Jun 9, 2007
  9. Mvic

Mvic

This is very bad advice.

#29     Jun 9, 2007
  10. dd4d4d

dd4d4d

no you got that wrong

YOU ARE BULLSHIT, you are a god damn noob that wouldn't be able to trade if your life depended on it

if only you were so lucky that I give you website of the guy where he published my strategy

you could be making money ON MONDAY

but I won't ..........you are a damn bulls#$% buddy ................... YOU

#30     Jun 9, 2007