Can you beleive IB - no SOX options

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by iceman1, May 23, 2005.

1. mhashe

mhashe

Why would he have to hedge a psition because of incompetence from his broker?

#11     May 23, 2005
  2. The customer was "always right" because the customer was paying 3-10%+ commish. And the reality was that if you didn't have a 7 figure account you got no service.

I was a broker I know:D

#12     May 23, 2005
  3. sprstpd

sprstpd

I'd rather be in control of the situation on my end that have my brokerage be in control of the situation when they are obviously having technical problems. Wouldn't you?

In other words, technical problems will happen whether you like it or not. Thinking about and preparing for these type of scenarios seems like a prudent thing to do (for example, have a backup brokerage account).

#13     May 23, 2005
  4. Choad

Choad

I like IB and haven't had the problems that others have had, but to any prospective IB clients this is the situation (IMHO):

1) They WILL hold you to the "standard" electronic trading disclaimer: if you have problems like stuck quotes and "pink" order anomalies, etc, that costs you money - too f*ing bad. A trading error that the audit trail shows to be their fault, they will own up to it. Their phone service just won't handle any emergency situations you may have with the TWS, or at least, it will cost you $30 per trade. This is if you pay $10 a month in commish, or $10,000; it doesn't matter. So, word to the wise...

2) They have more than the average number of problems with their Trading Work Station because firstly, as far as I'm concerned, Java just won't get the job done in a reliable manner. And secondly, because they CONSTANTLY change and "upgrade" the fricken thing. I don't use 1/10 of the features it has and I think the added complexity is going to cause more unhappy campers and will hurt, more than benefit IB.

IB, please use some of the ad money you have been spending to pay for a few, just a few, knowledgeable CS phone help people. And tone down the 8-times-a-month TWS upgrades.

Regards,

C (still a happy IB user...for now)

#14     May 23, 2005
  5. ==========

Ice did they fix it???????
    Had a similiar problem gettin an option position that i owned on TWS quote screen, every thing else would enter but that liquid position; reported it on IB voice mail, this mourning.

Dont take that personaly ;
    never have answered trading desk timely, NEEDS to be improved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also did you try the ''rapid order entry'' which you can work ,but appears on top of ''order management ''quote screen, but is separate from it???????:cool:

#15     May 26, 2005