Can X_Trader be used to trade ETFs?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by SleepingGiant, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Yesterday, I spoke with a guy at Trading Technologies (TT) that told me that X_Trader can be used to trade ETFs. This was a surprise to me because I was under the impression that TT only supported futures trading. He said it just depends on whether your trading firm (or broker) has a data feed from an exchange that trades ETFs. If you have a data feed, then TT can connect via the FIX protocol. Well, after digging through TT's website, I could not find any mention of X_Trader's ability to trade ETFs. In addition, FWIW, I have never heard of any traders using TT for this purpose.

Maybe the guy at Trading Technologies was right, but could someone confirm this? Does anyone have experience using X_Trader to trade ETFs (and if so, through what broker/firm)?

Thanks!

2. Even it's possible, but no brokers might want to offer
    trading ETFs on this platform since most stocktrading
    paltform layout is much differnet than X-trader, and i
    have never seen or heard any broker offer such a thing.

3. Call Adam Linn at TT headquarters in Chicago. I am not in my office or I would have his direct line in my rolodex.....he is a great guy and can answer any questions on the platform and which B/D's can offer you ETF's we have several traders on TT trading the ETF's in our offices.

rttrader1 -