Can we have a PM on/off switch...and no I do not want to be banned!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ElectricSavant, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I consider myself the most complete writer here and take great pains to start my journals or threads, do my reviews, and explain things thoroughly.

I try to provoke thought in my writing...

Wifey even asks questions in the place of others to help...BUT IN THE FORUMS

I welcome questions in the Forums...But this one-on-one is very time consuming and not efficient.

Why am I defending myself for Sulongs benefit. I just got to face it, that I cannot please everybody and the shear volume of my posts will bring questions...haters....likers...and such...

But again, PM's do not serve much use to me...or to the Forum. Do not mis-understand...its all about choice...I am not suggesting removing PM's...How could choice hurt us?

Michael B.

Sulong, I know a little about everything and not a lot about anything :)

#11     Jun 26, 2006
  2. ES,
    The fact is is that I nether dislike you or like you and or your style.

If you had an investigative side, you might do a search on “writers code of ethics” and “”respecting the reader”, among other things that has to do with writing skills. ( You just might be able to call bull s### on me)

You're the one who says he wants to write a book. The least you could do is research the subject, then you might see the value of the pm resource at your disposal.

#12     Jun 26, 2006
  3. The choice is the point....

sulong, I get strange characters in your text...

along with the strange way you think...

As far as your admonishments, the questions in the Forums are very efficient and there are some very good ones.

Lets make ET all it can be. Keep your heart pure and if you truly want to help many, then get off the ego trip and post publically.

I do not know what it is, to call bullshit? What does this mean? Do I call it like a dog? "Here bully"..."here bullyshit"..."come to pappa"..:)

Michael B.

#13     Jun 26, 2006
  4. too funny...

sulong just PM'd me...

do you guys see the funny ascii characters in his posts?

Please do not take this banter the wrong way..sulong and I go a long way back...

He would probably be the professor that always challenged me...:)

but back to this feedback...

don't you folks think it would be neat to have the choice to turn of or on the PM's...

I know this is not a democracy, but it might be helpful to Baron to evaluate the usefullness if you folks speak up...

#14     Jun 26, 2006
  5. The weird thing is, "wifey" is just you logging in with a different alias and talking to yourself on an online message board :D

#15     Jun 26, 2006
  6. No Wifey has her own computer and her own ISP and is a real person.

Sometimes we switch locations in the extensive home network that we have...

Now you are trying to get Wifey banned when she means well...? what has she done to you? and what rules within ET has she broken?

Have you reviewed her posts?...sometimes she fits in a remark or a helpful post when needed and subconsciously can ask the questions that little voice in your head... dare not ask..

She is my altar-ego...(not alter-ego...get it? were married)

Now back to the PM's. Wifey agrees that she would like to turn off her PM's too as she feels intimidated when another trader posts to her personally.

Michael B.

#16     Jun 26, 2006
  7. A fairly serious question that I'd welcome feed back on.

Thanks

#17     Jun 26, 2006
  8. I just sent a PM to Baron..oh gawd...too funny, but he has his PM's on, so no prob. PM's require a quick personal response and Baron is always available.

Look please excuse the feedback thread...there is a little chaff in there...

I am not suggesting turning off all the PM's...only let the guest decide.

Please excuse the interupption as I know you must receive many PM's.

You can direct your reply in the thread if you wish, but you do not need to reply to this PM, out of courtesy for your time.

Michael B & Wifey.

#18     Jun 26, 2006
  9. Now there was a thought provoking post in blue in the preceding post and in its black text body too..

it is subliminal and suggestive...

PM me with your questions :)

#19     Jun 26, 2006
  10. Isn't there another message board you can run up 10,000 posts on...take a break from ET.

#20     Jun 26, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.