Can we be naturally humble traders?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by RGLD, Jul 30, 2020.

1. AbbotAle

AbbotAle

One of my theories about being a great trader is you have to learn ACCEPTANCE. Acceptance of pretty much everything. Amd like most of trading, it's easy to talk about, but a lot harder to do.

Curt shows us acceptance and therefore a winning attitude.

#11     Jul 31, 2020
  2. Lots of truth in there. One of the reasons why we should listen to older and more experienced people.

#12     Jul 31, 2020
  3. old coot

old coot

I'm not sure about the "naturally" part, but anytime I feel like acting a little arrogant, I look at the biggest butt-hole I know about and think "Do I want to be like that?"

#13     Jul 31, 2020
  4. JSOP

JSOP

Can we be naturally humble traders?

Yes we can but it takes a lot of discipline not to give in to the tendency to trade big, to stick with a trading plan, especially after a few winning trades.

#14     Aug 1, 2020
    Dwayne and TheFoot like this.
  5. RGLD

RGLD

Or suffer a huge loss. That'll humble you real quick.

Anytime I meet a humble person, They've had their butts handed to them at one point or another in their lives.

People who are released after 20 years in prison are very humble!

#15     Aug 1, 2020
    Dwayne likes this.
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Your logic escapes me. I'm glad swastika-head wasn't released 1991. (Charles Manson)

#16     Aug 1, 2020
  7. JSOP

JSOP

Yes that is very true but the title of this thread is can we be *naturally* humble traders i.e. traders who can be humble right from the beginning without going through the pain of suffering huge losses.

Not necessarily unfortunately. Becoming humble after suffering debilitating losses only seems to happen more to the trading world.

#17     Aug 2, 2020
    d08 likes this.
  8. yup, 25 years ago I drove my motorbike into a parked car at 60mph, I got off very very lucky but lesson learnt! I never took a chance after that and thank god no accidents in 25 years .

#18     Aug 2, 2020
  9. Dwayne

Dwayne

Well what you said is sad but true.

#19     Aug 3, 2020
  10. RGLD

RGLD

Well Charles never really directly killed anyone, he "inspired" others in his cult to do it. With how malleable gen Z are today, I have no doubt he would be capable of committing genocide without lifting a finger today if he was released.

And no, some people are irredeemable, but I bet he was still more humble than he was 20 years ago. If you ever watch prison documentaries, most of the inmates do deeply regret their actions and most are humble wishing for a second chance. Most are definitely humble. But hey, maybe they're just putting on a show and people come out of prison the same as they went in. Who knows.

#20     Aug 3, 2020