Can this be true? 100 million Americans have no jobs. Another Obama record?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

I'm relieved to see you use "correct taxes", opening the way for a more nuanced discussion and getting us away from, "no, taxes are necessary! No, taxes are evil!"

Keynes did advocate tax cuts, generally during a (we're talking balance sheet here) recession, basically for labor, where most of the demand resides. (He also supported increased government spending, during a recession, to temporarily counteract the deficit of demand in the private sector, so in that sense he was obviously comfortable with temporary deficits.)

But the tax cuts he advocated came after a period of relatively higher taxation, which was during the economy's expansion phase. Logically, you would expect him to "be fair" and advocate for a reduction of government spending during expansions, and in fact he did. The expansion phase was supposed to be a time of government surplus, government saving "for a rainy day".

Yes, I know government did not build up a savings during the last expansion. I think we both know why.

#11     Jun 2, 2012
  2. If I recall you're a business owner, right?

Can you tell me how much more your business needs to be taxed in order for your business to grow?

#12     Jun 2, 2012
  3. [Heard over the store intercom]--

"Bill, emergency in aisle seven. Someone took all the kool-aid!! Please restock the shelf immediately."

#13     Jun 2, 2012
  4. Yannis

Yannis

I can't believe that reasonable people are still making/believing these lame arguments. They (Obama, Biden et al) get up there are tout that, of course we lost a million jobs, but, had they not squandered the latest $gazillion (straight into the pockets of the big union thugs that support them), it would have been much, much worse, perhaps 2 million jobs in the red...

Who knows? How can they prove that? Maybe we would have been much better off with the $gazillion still in the the pockets of our Chinese lenders... Maybe Bush did it, maybe without him we would all be wearing turbans at this point, or, perhaps, maybe, the Easter Bunny is the culprit, who the $$%^^ knows?

But, we do know that, FOR SURE, this ugly mess is Obama's economy, certainly from a voter's point of view!

#14     Jun 4, 2012
  5. Yannis

Yannis

Speaking Of Exaggerations

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0uAuuQnh90s?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:) :) :)

#15     Jun 4, 2012
  6. Yannis

Yannis

A Bit Over The Top

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fuRKbvpWPUI?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:D

#16     Jun 4, 2012
  7. Yannis

Yannis

The Economy's Thingamajig-Meisterrr...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DmiDvAoCF68?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:) :) :)

#17     Jun 4, 2012
  8. Such a great communicator. The best ever. He's so smart not even he knows what he's saying.

#18     Jun 4, 2012
  9. Heard everyone of those a 100 times each over the past 3+ years.

I love the Jon Stewart one- I had a liberal respond to the IRS data I posted by having me watch a Jon Stewart clip. Sigh...

#19     Jun 4, 2012
  10. Teleprompter must have been down.

#20     Jun 4, 2012