Can the tiny house movement end homelessness?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by nitro, Mar 9, 2016.

1. d08

d08

Dear Mr. Bigshot McMoneybags,
    Does it make me "obsessed" because I look at heating bills? Try living in a very cold climate with 5 months of ice and snow. I also look at how much I pay in commissions to my broker, does it make me "obsessed" about commissions?

#81     Nov 7, 2016
    VPhantom likes this.
  2. VPhantom

VPhantom

How rude and inappropriate. Not to mention, people don't get rich by throwing money away. Heating can cost 5% of one's income in Canada, nothing trivial about it.

#82     Nov 13, 2016
    vanzandt likes this.
  3. tlatoani

tlatoani

Not at all.... the market is for those with capital-- if you are struggling and worried about your bare necessities like heat or food, the market is not for you YET! Just a dose of reality. Once you get beyond the struggle, then the market is a cool place to work/play. If you are IN THE STRUGGLE as our friend clearly is, the market is not for you nand can be very dangerous.

#83     Nov 14, 2016
  4. d08

d08

It's not about struggling, it's about reasonable adult thinking. From the sound of it, you're clearly not someone who trades full-time because you said "market is a cool place to work/play", no real trader says anything of the sort. I'm not in a struggle to pay for rent or electricity, I made a point that it makes sense to consider this. You're obviously arguing for the irrational side, good luck with that.

#84     Nov 14, 2016
    VPhantom likes this.
  5. Sig

Sig

How is it possible to spend more than 60 months on welfare, that's been the lifetime limit since TANF was passed back in the Clinton years? Do you actually know of specific cases of this happening, if so I'd be curious to hear the situation and why no legal action was taken?

#85     Nov 14, 2016
  6. Arnie

Arnie

We have families around here that have known nothing but welfare. 4 generations over a span of 40-45 years is not uncommon. Not hard to do when you have your first child at 14-16 years old.

#86     Nov 15, 2016
  7. Sig

Sig

Again, how did they get around the 60 month limit on TANF? Do you know a specific person who has violated this law? If so, have you reported it?

#87     Nov 15, 2016
  8. tlatoani

tlatoani

Yep, as a slumlord, i have generational welfare takers on my rent roles-- no idea what these peeps are talking about-- limits? Maybe they are Ausies or Germans or something, but no way are they talking about America-- there is no term limit here

#88     Nov 15, 2016
  9. Sig

Sig

There is a 60 month limit on TANF in the United States! Do you personally know individuals who are violating this law, and if so, why haven't you reported it? (http://www.cbpp.org/research/policy-basics-an-introduction-to-tanf)

#89     Nov 15, 2016
    VPhantom likes this.
  10. #90     Nov 15, 2016