Can the S&P Futures audio feed help me trade QQQ better on Island?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by canadian_dude, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Someone recommended in another post that I always be listening to [internet squawkbox] while I am engaged in trading. I only trade QQQ, I trade it 2 or 3 times a day, trading 10,000 shares per trade, and hold it anywhere from 15 to 90 minutes.

I have my own unique trading system I guess, I won't try to explain it, but its making me money, so I'm going to stick with it.

I have listened to the CME's "marketsound" before and it didn't help me trade better, but then again, I have no experience listening to these things. All I am looking for is a slight edge to make my trade a little more profitable.

It would be great if I could use an audio broadcast to make decisions to either enter now at this second, or maybe wait 10 seconds and get a slightly better price, even a one cent improvement on average per trade would be great.

Can [internet sqwakbox] assist me in any way in making such trading decisions? Either to trade now before the price moves against me? Or to hold back and trade a few seconds later and get a better price? If so, how do I do that? What do I listen for?

They have a free 3 day trial and I am going to use it, but I want some opinions on what to listen for before I sign up for the free trial.

Anyone have an advice or how to use this audio broadcast to trade QQQ more efficiently on Island?

2. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

I've tried realtimefutures before and its quite entertaining just to listen to this guy, he talks a mile a minute. I doubt it would really help you if you already have a method that you trade, it might even cause you to second guess your setups that you normally would take because there is a lot of bouncing around and false moves when listening to a guy call out every bid and offer.

However, it may help when a big move is ready to start because they will tell you what the big boys are doing.

test it out for yourself and you'll see what I mean.

happy trading!

3. 99.9% of the commentary on the realtimefutures squawk box is for the S&P futures.

4. You would probably benefit more from the NASDAQ futures pit

Robert

5. well I have also listened to the CME's marketsound broadcast for the nasdaq e-mini and haven't found it to be helpful for what I want it to do, which is basically indicate to me where the QQQ price on ISland will be headed in the next few seconds in general.

maybe I am looking for the impossible? does anyone think these audio braodcasts can help me at all in terms of what I want them to do? if so, which specific braodcast? and what exactly am I supposed to be listening for?