Can taking Drugs Enhancer make you a Better Trader?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jinxu, Jul 12, 2019.

1. I just did. Your turn ...

#11     Jul 12, 2019
  2. zdreg

zdreg

If you want a reply don't use the phrase ]Be good for a laugh.

#12     Jul 12, 2019
  3. You're taking this thread to seriously...

#13     Jul 12, 2019
  4. bone

bone

I think that creativity in markets is somewhat innate. Most creative edges that I’ve seen from various traders did NOT come from technical analysis revelations. They seem to spawn from an unusually high level of insight regarding market microstructure - things like external market correlated drivers, the electronic market auction process; stuff like that.

Trading edges may or may not be derived from creativity. And they are almost always a fleeting proposition. I’ve seen traders get rich by controlling their place in the electronic order queue. I know a trader who made a fortune because of a flaw he discovered in the Municipal Bond Future physical delivery procedure. I know a trader who worked for a Japanese Bank currency desk - he discovered a flaw in the Japanese Yen future pricing model that all the big banks were using; he quit, started trading his own account, and quickly made several million dollars before MS took half of it back in one week (edge disappeared).

And I’ve seen plenty of unique or lightly populated spread trades make money for traders. Some simple and some quite esoteric.

In terms of a mental edge - IMO controlling anxiety is one of the most powerful things a trader can do. YMMV.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    #14     Jul 12, 2019
  5. %%
    Mostly true; except caffeine is fine. BUT even to much of that goofs one up/sleep.:cool::cool:

#15     Jul 12, 2019
  6. Overnight

Overnight

"However I've found a way to stimulate your mind to make DMT naturally using meditation tones. Which gives you a deep meditation state that allows you to be a more disciplined and better trader. Or it can make you a smarter trader. It's what I used as my main edge."

Would you happen to be speaking of binaural beat frequencies, or have you stumbled upon something new?

#16     Jul 12, 2019
  7. jinxu

jinxu

Yes, they are binaural beats.

#17     Jul 13, 2019
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Ahhhh yes... you guys are certainly on the right track... but you have only scratched the surface my friends, the holy grail awaits. This is pretty in-depth and if you can get through it more power to ya, but at least read the first few pages.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ce_of_Streamlined_Music_on_Cognition_and_Mood

But there's more. The author, Dr Julia Mossbridge, got picked up by this place. Lots of brain-power from both the music and the scientific communities.
    Do the 2 week trial.
    I've heard good things.
    No pun intended. ;)

https://www.focusatwill.com/app/pages/company

#18     Jul 13, 2019
  9. kj5159

kj5159

What in the actual fuck are you talking about? Anyone who has done a psychedelic drug in their life will tell you it's a dumb idea to even attempt driving a car while hallucinating, let alone trade.

#19     Jul 16, 2019
  10. bone

bone

Harshly worded but a sound caution.

There’s quite a bit of talk about “micro-dosing” - but in the world of illicit drugs you have no way of knowing the true efficacy and proper dose of what you’re taking. I heard Jordan Peterson say in a podcast that a certain percentage of people who take hallucinogenics suffer some sort of permanent psychological impairment - including full on psychosis. But I’ve also read that micro doses of hallucinogens have a great deal of promise for treating depression.

#20     Jul 16, 2019