Can Start Buying Natty Now

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Comanche, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Surdo

Surdo

I have been buying the big sell offs and selling them into every short cover.

Without a big named storm and inventory buildup, a $5 handle is imminent.

el surdo

#41     Jul 16, 2007
  2. Everything that you have mentioned above is already well KNOWN by the marketplace.

#42     Jul 16, 2007
  3. thats not meaningful, though. meaningful market dynamic fundamentals can be well known, and price can remain disparate from those fundamentals for any amount of time.

The marketplace knew google had a PEG ratio of nearly under 1.0 less than 2 months ago. Now we are at 555 from 460 in that time.

#43     Jul 16, 2007
  4. Yes, $5 handle, sell your futures please.. now..

#44     Jul 16, 2007
  5. I understand that.
    But I am also very much aware that NG is in a DOWNTREND and that trumps any fundamentals that people wish to use at this moment to rationalize what they think may happen in the future . . .

As Trader Vic once said, "Observe what is happening, and assume that it will continue."

#45     Jul 17, 2007
  6. What a quote! I have lots of respect for trader vic but...

trend following works.. except when it doesnt... which is the case in natural gas trading for near months.. trend following will KILL you at reversal points... although it might work for long term gas trading

not to mention that blind trend following is what most novice investors use, they look at the chart, see an uptrend over the last x time periods, believe past performance is indicative of future performance, buy or sell and wonder where their money went

#46     Jul 18, 2007
  7. You could say that about any trading system. It works but when it doesn't you get killed. The fact is, systems work different for different people...meaning trend may work for one guy because of his style or personality...but would kill another guy.

I do agree with what you say about people seeing trend over x amount of pivots or whatever and being too late.

#47     Jul 18, 2007
  8. I've been selling the big sell offs

#48     Jul 18, 2007
  9. im flat again, my psychic powers don't work on thursdays

#49     Jul 18, 2007
  10. "trend following works.. except when it doesnt... which is the case in natural gas trading for near months.. trend following will KILL you at reversal points... although it might work for long term gas trading"

This is why trailing stops exist.

#50     Jul 18, 2007