can someone tell me what can i do with my economics degree

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by danielrafique, Aug 24, 2008.

1. dorfman

dorfman

you can have it framed, and put it on a wall

#31     Sep 17, 2008
  2. paper the dog cage?

#32     Sep 17, 2008
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

maybe you should have had this thought a little earlier?

#33     Sep 17, 2008
  4. Mav88

Mav88

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from danielrafique:

almost finished my economics degree, not sure what direction to go in- any suggestions?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First cut off one arm, then you will be valuable as the advisor who can't say 'on the other hand'

#34     Sep 17, 2008
  5. dafong

dafong

i graduated with a BA in economics from UC Berkeley last august, right when subprime mess began to accelerate.

haven't been able to find a job since so i'm switching careers now, going back to school, getting a BS in computer science. Should take about 1 1/2 years since I don't have to do all the pre-reqs and general eds.

#35     Sep 17, 2008
  6. Credentials do not equal Capability.

You're on your own now. But going into debt for a second worthless degree isn't going to help either.

There comes a time when the aegis of the gods is removed from the hero and the hero must stand on their own, you know?

#36     Sep 17, 2008
  7. dafong

dafong

i know that, but if i don't have the credentials, no one will allow me a chance to show my capability.

#37     Sep 17, 2008
  8. I think economists are useless realy, they have no place or purpose, I have 5% left of my degree in economics, but I realy see no point in completing it.

#38     Sep 17, 2008
  9. [​IMG]

#39     Sep 17, 2008
  10. When they send you your degree in the mail, use it as a catch rag.

#40     Sep 17, 2008