Can someone recommend a good broker?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by chiefraven, Apr 3, 2008.

1. hi guys,

was wondering if anyone could recommend a good broker? someone has mentioned these to me:

velocity, infinity futures, mirus, openEcry, IB.

if anyone has experiences with these or would care to recommend a good program, i would greatly appreciate it.

2. I've used Infinity, IB, Etrade, Cybertrader, Brown & Company. If your looking just for e-mini futures Infinity is the best by far.

3. Spectra, what does Infinity charge for platforms if you know? I currently trade thru Global and use the GST platform. It's a deal at $50 per month. Infinity got anything in that area? I don't mind paying more if their platforms have more features that I'd use. Thx!

4. Mirus is by far the best of the group.

jj

5. Mike21

Mike21

I use IB. Good rates. Good execution.

But they are a big company so if you want personal attention they may not be for you.

~Mike

6. Surdo

Surdo

Is there any advantage to using Mirus vs going directly through RCG?

surdo

7. No doubt because you eliminate the middleman but can you trade directly thru RCG? I clear thru RCG so I'd like to know the answer to that question too if anyone knows.

8. Just running over their site....looks like you can open an account directly with them so you can bypass the middleman but does it save you money? Probably not. You'll probably pay the extra fee but it would go directly to them. If anyone can add info on this I'd appreciate it.

9. You will get technology and a level of service that you will not get from RCG. Zen-Fire is for real and you will more than likely see a measurable improvement in execution.

jj

10. That's one thing I will say about Global Futures....their customer service is top shelf. You call IB and it's kinda like....HELLOOOO....hellllooo...hellooo

#10     Apr 3, 2008