Can someone please tell the Chinese that the Taiwanese don't want to be "unified"?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kandlekid, Aug 7, 2022.

1. kandlekid

kandlekid

Can someone please tell the Chinese that the Taiwanese don't want to be "unified"?

It probably won't matter. It never does with authoritarian regimes. But what is the harm in
    saying it?

Nobert likes this.
  2. Millionaire

Millionaire

I would guess the Chinese will reply: Taiwan belongs to all the Chinese not just the Taiwanese.

3. Nobert

Nobert

Taiwan for China is like a Cuba was for US.

An island that is strategically too close & even i understand their worries, if Taiwan decided that they are independant then so it is.

If the Taiwanese people would meet Chinese troops with such a hate as Ukrainians met Russians, landing could end up in huge fiasko, not to mention the fact that the China would have to assamble a massive force for such operation. Massive.

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Arnie

Arnie

China shit the bed with HK. If they had handled that correctly, maybe they could have had a peaceful reunion of Formosa. My dad was stationed there in the late 60's. He said that their coastal defenses were pretty robust. It's not gonna be like invading Daytona Beach. On top of that, they will end up destroying the economy of both China's.

5. %%
    Good points + timing. WSJ reported over 100 injured + 1 killed in oil refinerycommie Cuba= lightening strike=================================================

Nobert likes this.