Can someone please explain the logic behind today's events?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin, Mar 11, 2008.

1. yah okay buddy.

#11     Mar 11, 2008
  2. Cutten

Cutten

Fed addressing the liquidity crunch is bullish for the economy. Bullish economy = stronger dollar, less likelihood of sustained low interest rates.

#12     Mar 11, 2008

3. So Bernanke, is his ultimate wisdom, has discovered a way to solve the liquidity crunch, as the market suggest. Is this a correct assumption?

#13     Mar 11, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Hardly... simply "monetizing illiquid/bad paper/debt". He says, "It's a temporary loan"... I'm betting it becomes permanent.

$USD will crash, foreign bond holders will panic and dump, interest rates will sky... when the world acknowledges what this really is. :mad:

#14     Mar 11, 2008
  5. You messed up when you titled this thread by including the word, LOGIC!

:D

#15     Mar 11, 2008
  6. excellent point, and one that few are addressing. the way my screen looks lateley, there are two types of trading sessions. inflation sessions where everything goes up, or non-inflation sessions where everything goes down. today was majorly the former.

#16     Mar 11, 2008
  7. selecto

selecto Guest

Fed is trading buckets of T-Bills for buckets of poop. Got to be good for everybody who really matters.

#17     Mar 11, 2008
  8. Well dollars down hard tonight, so I guess people were masterbating just a little too hard on the news.

#18     Mar 12, 2008
  9. Well, if you blinked you would have missed that bounce in the dollar. I guess people finally realized that Bernanke's bailout plan is bearish for the dollar after all. Go figure.

#19     Mar 12, 2008
  10. we're already in a recession. deep interest rate cuts that will only make things worse are the only reason why stocks haven't dropped even more.

#20     Mar 12, 2008