Can someone help me to use this?

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by jdkgroup, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Its hard to say if a mentor would have helped in the very beginning. Without knowing anything, how would I even know what a good mentor looks like?

I guess I could say that books have been my mentors. I could also say I have been mentored right here on ET. Every know and then someone posts something very enlightening. There is a good bit of talent here. you just have to dig through tons of dirt to find those nuggets of gold.

#51     Jan 6, 2008
  2. YoungOne

YoungOne

I suggest the best way to do this is to just trade on simulator or 1 contract maximum live. Just sit there and trade man. The only way to really learn is with a lot of screen time. Look for patterns that repeat time and time again that you can profit off of. Keep your stops tight and go for at least 2 times risk/reward. Don't use any indicators and you don't need to look at news. Give yourself a maximum loss per day if your live so that you don't blow up too quick. After about 6 months - 1 year of staring at the screen, things will just start clicking. Best of luck to you.

#52     Jan 6, 2008
  3. jdkgroup

jdkgroup

Are you jealous? Can we keep the thread on track?

Yes i did read Covels & Faiths books. Remember I am new & I am trying to learn.

I do appreciate all the serious responses & PMs.

#53     Jan 6, 2008

4. When i saw the set-up first thing i said was stiff-neck second thing was the poster was taking this serious. Here is the only concern, what will that picture attract?

#54     Jan 6, 2008
  5. I already answered the Jealousy Question. Why do you repeat it? Why don't you make a threat that is not as childish ehh? Maybe put some more thought & reason to your attacks by proving me wrong maybe? Infact, I challenge you to tackle my attacks.

I was not going to reply to this topic but since you included me in your post, I can only return the favor. :p

#55     Jan 6, 2008
  6. Actually, I think showing the trading setup was a good idea and not showing off at all. Although I have been trading for 20 years and have seen setups like that before, I wouldn't have a friggen clue what to put on all those screens!

I trade from a laptop on the road and 1 desktop at home.

#56     Jan 6, 2008

7. Books for me too but you can only learn so much from books as they're all theory, gaining practical experience is invaluable. I learned more from expensive hard knocks, but with a good mentor I could have avoided those losses. How would I know if they're good? Well a few live trading sessions would probably do it, maybe a profit sharing agreement to make it worth their while, kind of 'earn-as-you-learn' and 'pay-as-you-go'.

#57     Jan 6, 2008
  8. lol

I've got 4 and although it's handy sometimes I only really use 2, the other 2 have junk on most of the time.

#58     Jan 6, 2008

9. I use 3 screens and can get by with 2. This was the stiff-neck i was referring to.http://www.necksolutions.com/stiff-neck.html

I agree, to show you are seriuos that is a good way to do it.

#59     Jan 6, 2008

10. A book is great, a mentor and a good one are hard to find. Most times it's friends or family that guide you through the process. Most people don't listen and they learn by their mistakes. Here is an edge i had at the early stage of my career, i was told what to look for and when a stock turned he was like see that- that's it remember it for the next time and take advantage. But here is where i grew, I explored new things all the time and i added to what he taught me. I also met with other traders and we shared great ideas from each other. And this was the one key thing i did or never did was i never bite the hand that feed me.

Alot don't want to train b/c there is no loyalty anymore. They come they pic your brain and think ok i got it and say f-u. Then the market changes they struggle and they look to come back, yea -ok. Anyway the more you learn the more you will earn

#60     Jan 6, 2008