Can someone explain what this really means?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ang_99, Nov 23, 2005.

1. Cheese

Cheese

If it means people prefer to be losers, then yes it is true enough. Losing simple puts the loser in a big crowded comfort zone to enjoy a lot of company with most other people who prefer being losers or semi-losers along with their huge variety of rationales for that status.
    :)

#21     Dec 20, 2005
  2. dac8555

dac8555

the statement is dead on. we do all get what we want out of the market.

some people want excitment
    some people want to say "i am a trader"
    some people want to live out a movie life
    some people like to play with the numbers and formulas
    some people want their own business
    some people want to be able to learn a skill to where they can work and earn a decent living anywhere in the world with just an internet connection...so they dont have to relay on others (this is what i want out of it)
    some people want to be the richest men in the world
    some people want to brag and feel good about themselves
    somepeople are still trying to find out what they are good at or what their calling is.
    some people want to prove to their parents that they are not failures (i have seen discussions on this one)
    some people are lazy and think that this is easy money.

Ed was dead right.

#22     Dec 22, 2005
    i960 likes this.
  3. people become 'addicted' to whatever behavior and action they continue to repeat. this solidifies certain beliefs. The inability to take on new temporary beliefs that conflict with core beliefs results in no change to actions taken.

if your actions in the market continue to lose money (regardless of what you do) then it is a core belief issue. you are feeding your brain what it wants...which is the repeated experience.

you wind up getting what you want out of the market.

the question you have to ask yourself is: am i making money consistently, measurably, and appreciably?
    if the answer is yes, then you have correct core beliefs that only possibly need fine tuning.

if the answer is no, then you need new core beliefs. so you need to identify your core beliefs about the market and look for alternatives to those beliefs.
    then you must take on those new beliefs and research them to find out whether they are indeed correct or not.

new correct core beliefs result in new decisions which result in new actions that lead to: making money.

pretty simple. but the money flows from the majority to the minority so most of you reading this will not do any of it. Or you'll do it wrongly to sabotage your attempts at breaking free of the brain addiction.:(

you still get what you want out of the market.

#23     Dec 22, 2005