Can someone explain this to me?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bonds, Apr 10, 2013.

1. fed

#11     Apr 10, 2013
  2. It's a bull market and it takes more than a tin cup dictator and a jobs report to take the steam out of it. Now, if the market had already turned bear bits of crap news can send it done 150 in a day and 350 for the week.

#12     Apr 10, 2013
  3. bln

bln

Shorted the divergences last week monday-tuesdag and pocketed 2500 out of it. On Wednesday I'd say it take the other side of the market and let em sell into me. 5 min of work to execute this single swing trade. lol..

#13     Apr 11, 2013
  4. At any point in time, there will be liquidity providers waiting for their bids/offers to be hit, and liquidity takers waiting for the right moment to hit these resting bids/offers.

If the market moves in one direction more than the other, the liquidity takers are hitting these resting orders in one direction more than in the other. In this case, liquidity providers will need to avoid building up net inventory that is underwater given the directional move of the market.

These liquidity providers will react to this unwanted build up of inventory in two ways:

(a) To avoid building up further inventory, they’ll place close to the market whichever of bid/offer reduces their inventory, and far from the market whichever increases inventory (so that a decrease in inventory is more likely than a further increase).

(b) If they just want to get out of the inventory position as quickly as possible, they’ll dispose of it at market.

Both (a) and (b) act to move the market in a direction opposite to the original move. Therefore, if the steam has gone out of the original move, there will be a tendency for the move to reverse to a greater or lesser degree.

#14     Apr 11, 2013
  5. TILT2

TILT2

Fed is behind it, the market will go whatever the fed want it to go... of course in an acceptable way or there will be no player but fed alone in the market, in short, when in the bull trend, the market will be extremely bullish, in the bear trend, the market will be extremely bearish. Go up quickly and go down quickly is the recent characteristics of the market.

#15     Apr 12, 2013