Can somebody shut up ALAN GREENSPAN?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by HedgefundTrader2, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Sponger

Sponger

BTW, that is the second time you said "He is a Jew". I for one am offended, and I'm not even Jewish. Am I the only one who caught that?!??!

Learn to have an intelligent discussion/debate without resorting to attacking someone's belief system.

#51     Dec 19, 2007
  2. Retired

Retired

So is Bernanke.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Bernanke

#52     Dec 19, 2007
  3. Why are you making an issue with that? Is he not a Jew?

#53     Dec 19, 2007
  4. #54     Dec 19, 2007
  5. Judaism is not just a belief system, it's away of life. I live in an area which has the highest per capita proportion of Jews in Australia. I've lost count of how many times people around here have asked me for some "insider" sharemarket tips, confidential information etc.

If I refuse, I am branded an anti-semite! Bizarre, but true!

I've never experienced this dynamic anywhere.

#55     Dec 19, 2007
  6. Sponger

Sponger

Because it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the discussion.

I don't care if Greenspan is Jewish, Russian Orthodox, or an atheist - its irrelevant. YOU made an issue of it when you said, "he's a Jew, he's money hungry etc". It was derogatory in nature and completely uncalled for.

And I would say the same thing no matter what religion you used and what derogatory comment you followed it up with. It has no bearing on the topic at hand.

If you think someone is greedy, call them greedy - but don't claim that has anything to do with religion.

#56     Dec 19, 2007
  7. I have lived in NY(largest per capita outside of Israel) my whole life and and never gotten this treatment from jews. In fact the jews I thought would shun me i.e hardcore hasidic`s tend to be very friendly.

#57     Dec 19, 2007

8. You are up in arms with something totally unnecessary.

I made less than savory comments on ALAN GREENSPAN because he has a big mouth and his negative comments are not needed in todays markets. It doesn't matter what his religion is, but he is certainly greedy.

On the other hand I admire another Jew named James Cramer. He is doing a lot for an average investor.

What issue can you make out of that?

#58     Dec 19, 2007
  9. Sponger

Sponger

Better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt......another ETer on ignore

#59     Dec 19, 2007
    #60     Dec 19, 2007