Can SIRI and XMSR stay alive?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by RunTrade, Nov 17, 2005.

can SIRI and XMSR stay afloat?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2005.
  1. no they will be out of business by the end of 2006.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. They cannot sustain themselves and will eventually dwindle into a state similar to GM

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. Both will obtain enough customers to continue operating but will have very marginal profits.

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  4. These companies will be the next google!!

2 vote(s)
    11.8%

1. i subscribe to SIRI and love it too ... funny though that I think it wont last incredibly long..at least at the current subscription prices.

edit: i think i'm at $11.95/mo

#11     Nov 17, 2005
  2. I think a lot of the companys run up the debt and secondary offerings in their early existence in order to build the infrastructure at the cost of share holders and debtors...only to default later. The telecoms all did it, and I imagine that the satellite equities could too...

I haven't really examined xm or sirius from a long-term perspective though....

#12     Nov 17, 2005
  3. I predict an eventual merger between the two.

#13     Nov 18, 2005
  4. I think that WiFi will eventually put them out of buisness. No need for their satalites when you can cover the entire city of Seattle with 6 towers. Just think of all the cell phone towers, if you can get a signal on your cell phone, you can eventually pick up a WiFi signal in your car.

#14     Nov 18, 2005
  5. Huh? Maybe I'm not versed enough in this technology stuff but I own sirius and I think its awesome, I would give up AC before I give it up, but what does wifi and cell phones have to do with radio?

#15     Nov 18, 2005