can price be predicted precisely

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by robinxing, Jul 26, 2006.

1. alesanti

alesanti

#21     Jul 27, 2006
  2. Join us in the chat room, there is a guy there named cognitis, he has all the answers to the inner workings of not only the futures mkts but also the cash mkts....How cool is that?

I tell you the truth, i have been in and out of the stock and futures mkts for more than 20 years and it is amazing some of the ideas newbies have in how to make money in an individual psychological game by thinking the answers are as easy as reading a couple text books about the mkts.

Any winning trader/investor will tell you price is just a summation of all the players and simply is not related to economics 101. The shorter the time frame the less fundamentals matter.

But Hey, we need newbies to fund the game. It is just frustrating to try and help others when they have closed minds how to play a numbers game.

I would prefer to see cognitis and others open up to others that have paid a high price and are willing to help others. Thank You :D

Like the old story: the broker says to the runner: these are trading sardines, not eating sardines. Read that somewhere: Moral is quite simple, just trade it, learn how to do that and never worry about silly things like reasons and why price did this or that............................. :eek:

#22     Jul 27, 2006
  3. The best moves are fueled by emotion, not by logical "prediction."

it is great people always think the market moves logically

but we ignore market sometimes moves emotionally

#23     Jul 27, 2006
  4. "If Bill Gates at that young age can be a billionaire, I can too."

I always like this kind of threads, when the markets are quiet.

#24     Jul 27, 2006
  5. Is this the time when you "work your magic"?

#25     Jul 27, 2006
  6. Your hubby is sure lucky to have you . . . Mike lock this one up!!!
    She's a keeper.

#26     Jul 27, 2006
  7. Unfortunately monopoly is not the same as the real world.

What is forgotten with the prediction business is that it becomes a "black box" and one looses touch with the real world. And the next thing that happens is that you have no feeling at all over the risk:reward ratio. Have been there, done that and never going there ever, ever again. When these things go off the rail they do it in a spectactular way.

Far better to learn to understand and "read" the markets, far more rewarding. But then that is hard work and takes many, many years. And fortunately the "iWant" society wants it yesterday and does not want to work for it. It also helps that all these kids grow up with computers and calculators and need a calculator to give you the change at the checkout. World wide dumbing down of the intellect with no ability to think for themselves or to reasoning. (plus they have a very, very short term attention span and hardly any long term memory)

Saw the other day a good expression:

I used to think that a hundred million monkeys
    On a hundred million typewriters
    Would eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare
    Now, thanks to the internet,
    I know this is not the case

vital statistics

Edit: batterup: is cognitus not a (mythical ?) figure in the cartoon strip of Asterix? Are you sure it is not Proflogic/ Charlie Dow in disguise with his nonsense?

#27     Jul 27, 2006
  8. Boring trading whole day, and losing! :D

#28     Jul 27, 2006
  9. Nice to see those that exist off the flip side of the common sense debate are surviving. Had me worried about the whole "Food Chain" thing for awhile.

#29     Jul 27, 2006
  10. Hi Walther,

I don't know what is the margin of error. 10.45am was in the middle of a move I was in. I scalped 3 pt since 15 min trend was down and 45 min was up (confused)... I am done here. The traditional 10 am and 10:30 am reversal works today too but I didn't really look at the time.

I will look to see if the other signal works at the end of day. Any predictions to try on Monday? So we can get a "fair" sample here. I am really appreciated this and understand that some signal should fail. Thanks.

Regards,
    William

#30     Jul 28, 2006