Can Please explain new tax plan for pass through biz?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by NY_HOOD, Dec 23, 2017.

1. jharmon

jharmon

Once you have paid for a CPA or equivalent to give you tax advice, you should report back here with your advice otherwise we will consider you a leech.

#11     Dec 25, 2017
    cdcaveman likes this.
  2. KeLo

KeLo

#12     Dec 25, 2017
  3. It's the fact that it's not Voluntary transaction!! How am I taking advantage of living in a prosperous society... You just assume the alternative to paying crazy high taxes is living in a unsafe place.....you just can't make that assumption... Plus.. if you so happy with it donate some more money to the gov

#13     Dec 25, 2017
  4. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

I pay for my own health insurance., is that fully deductable or is that included with the personal 24k standard deduction?
    My accountant is gone til after new year or i would of called him.. trust me on that..lol

#14     Dec 26, 2017
  5. DaveV

DaveV

Sorry but you lose both ways. Health insurance that you pay for out of your own pocket is not deductible, unless you have your own LLC or C-Corp. If you are not covered on any other health insurance plan, one thing that you can do if you move fast before Dec 31st is to set up and fund a Health Savings Account. You get a full deduction for the deposit, and you will be able to use the funds to pay medical expenses with with pre-tax funds. I use HealthEquity.com since you can park the balance in Vanguard funds.

#15     Dec 26, 2017
  6. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

DaveV
    I do have an LLc and I am self employed.

#16     Dec 27, 2017
  7. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

Ok.. it seems as long as you own your LLc and pay your own health insurance, it will still be fully deductable.

#17     Dec 27, 2017