Can Opponents "SEE" your stop.. emini NDx100

Discussion in 'Trading' started by SH_DW, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Everyone can see your stop on your 1 car. That's what it means when everyone on here tells you to "Study price action". Congrats, you're on your way to becoming an outstanding, somewhat paranoid,trader.

Now don't forget to order you special "3D Stop Loss Viewing Goggles" and "Members Only Jacket"

#11     Apr 25, 2008
  2. I am not an expert on this, but I am always trying to learn and educate myself, this is coincidentally what I am currently studying... so far I’ve been able to gather than it can depend on a combination of broker, exchange, and order type... different order types can either be native to an exchange or simulated... native orders are stored at the exchange, and then when native orders aren’t supported, your broker should be able to simulate the order, and it can be simulated either client-side on your software, or server-side on the brokerage’s end... im still not 100% sure about all this though.

#12     Apr 25, 2008
  3. SH_DW

SH_DW

Thanks. Your comments are appreciated..

Mh :cool:

#13     Apr 25, 2008
  4. olias

olias

'Somebody's Watching Me' by Rockwell is my favorite tune to trade to :)

#14     Apr 25, 2008
  5. SH_DW

SH_DW

GREAT song!

#15     Apr 25, 2008
  6. HAHAHA..

I have a pair of "3D Stop Loss Viewing Goggles" for sale on ebay...

They will cost you $5,000 or 250 mini-NQ points...

I can take payment in dollars or points, whichever you prefer..

#16     Apr 25, 2008
  7. Coolio

Coolio

On a more serious note, the chief technical analyst (a CBOT veteran of 17 years) at my brokerage mentioned that the market makers and pros do perform "shakeouts." They know that the amateurs tend to place their stops at exact dollar amounts or right on fibonacci numbers to the cent.

He suggested placing your stops at oddball prices like $44.89 for example if you really want a stop at $45.00.

#17     Apr 25, 2008
  8. No, no one can see your stops, and nor do they care even if they could.

You just can't trade.

#18     Apr 25, 2008
  9. You, OTOH, never use stops. You even fail to close your position even when it is obviously completely wrong. So now you are still down 1000+ YM points since your predictions that it could only go up. Which is US$5000 per contract (since you only trade on paper you might not know that).
    OP is trying to become a non-noob, you aren't even trying.

Ursa..

#19     Apr 25, 2008
  10. Bwahahhaahhaa..

#20     Apr 25, 2008