Can one trade futures options in an IRA? Where?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by HattieTheWitch, Jul 17, 2017.

1. I've been told that multiple brokerage firms allow *futures* trading in IRA accounts, but not *futures OPTIONS*.

Also, I've been told that some firms restrict the trading of futures and/or futures options in inherited IRAs. (??)

Does anyone have any brokerage firm suggestions? In other words, which firms allow one to trade the maximum number of products in an IRA?

Thank you.

2. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

We work with IRA accounts for Futures and Futures Options while using SPAN margins. We would help you find the right FCM to clear your business depending on your technical and margin requirements.

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

We introduce to Wedbush Futures. I have used Midland IRA to open my futures account and get SPAN margin for options and futures. I can and do sell options without any extra margin premium. I have also allocated to CTAs that sell options. I also have clients that have done that. You need a self-directed retirement plan administrator. Call me later today to discuss.

Bob

4. truetype

truetype

Bob & MattZ -- What would be a typical minimum IRA account size for such treatment? Thanks.

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Our minimum is $25,000 USD. I'm not sure what Midland IRA requires. Also, you have to leave a small minimum balance at Midland IRA to cover fees.

6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor