Can one of you take my survey for class?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Hedge22, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Hedge22

Hedge22

Thank you, I will be sure to bookmark this and come back when I need help with a Stats project.

#21     Mar 3, 2008
  2. 1) How do you deal with the high stress and emotion each day?

My trading style is very boring and slow so there are few emotions and little stress.

2) How do you deal with such big monetary losses and gains without it affecting you?

My main job is avoid to put myself in such a situation and manage my risk. I never think how much money I can make, but how much money I can lose if everything goes wrong. Once my risk profile is defined I’ll place the trade if it has a high probability. My number one priority is to preserve my capital, when I can do that is only a matter of time before I make money. When I make money I buy myself a little something.

3) How did you bounce back from your biggest loss?

I never had a big loss, I did however have had a streak of small losses and during that time I almost had to sit on my own hands not to place any more trades for a while.

4) What made you decide to be a trader?

I am from Europe and I was a late bloomer it is great to find yourself in the middle of your life with some cards to play you didn't know about. It was just a big pleasant surprise for me. Now it makes my heart beat. I love to wake up on Mon morning because I want to not because I have to. If I make a lot of money good but if I don’t I would still trade.

5) How long have you been a trader?

Just 3 years, however before starting I had an edge. I was taught really well what I was NOT supposed to do.

6) How did you get your start on the floor?(if applicable)

N/A However it is a fact that most traders with solid track record ( 5 or more years ) are able to get job in financial institutions.

7) What interests lead to trading? Sports? Strategy games such as chess?

I play chess on a semi professional level ( tournaments ), also I love other board games like Stratego, Risk ( Italian version world domination + tournaments ) Scotland Yard, Monopoly

8) What traits make someone successful at trading?

Cutting your losses short and learn to understand and maximize your edge helps. I am sure there is more.

9 ) How do you get ready for trading each day?

Wake up go to the gym or a run or a swim, shower breakfast and I am ready to start, although 99% of the time I just watch my positions. I place only a few trades each month. So if the day is really slow I would just watch my position and study new material. Thanks God when it comes to finance you never stop learning.

10 ) How long is the average trading career? Do even profitable traders burn out fast?

I guess it depends on the trader but if one loves trading I would say 20 years or more. At a certain point is not just about the money, it is about having fun.

11) How do you feel about online trading taking over pit trading?

I love it, however most beginners will be disappointed because if trading is now made so easy for everyone it does not mean that everyone will be able to trade well and make money.

12) Do you have a favorite trading day? A historic day where an event moved the market?

Monday

#22     Mar 3, 2008