Can of worms--whose posts are worth reading?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chinook, Jul 12, 2003.

1. The people who I consider to be good posters or, at the very least, people who think originally, have creative thoughts and express them well, would include the following:

Bone
    Darkhorse
    OldTrader
    Gene Weissman
    Dr Zhivodka

Now, the reason I mention these guys (with the exception of Darkhorse), is because when they discuss trading concepts or trading analysis, it is not "canned analysis". These guys have discussed, in the past, a more comprehensive all encompassing analysis of different markets, which tells me they have been around the block a few times.

As for alot of the other guys who come on here and post all day and all night, I have come to the conclusion that they are like "serotonin monkeys"(borrowed phrase). When they are on a hot streak they lead everyone to believe that they are world class traders. When they go cold, they simply disappear. Out of the more than 15,000 members of this place, its safe to assume a small fraction, at any given time, will be doing pretty well over a short duration, and hence they have to constantly brag and self promote. And, to be perfectly honest, this has become the most annoying aspect of this entire site. If these guys are such fantastic traders, I would imagine the winning would become just as boring and routine as the small losses, so I question why we have to hear about it non stop...

my two cents and back to the rock I crawled out from under:D

#21     Jul 13, 2003
  2. maxpi

maxpi

The signal to noise ratio on any venue that does not charge admission is just always going to be terrible.

Max

#22     Jul 14, 2003
  3. :D

#23     Jul 14, 2003
  4. My Fav posters are;

Fluidity
    Trane
    Flow
    Commisso
    Publias

#24     Jul 14, 2003
  5. Pabst

Pabst

I thought Te' was pretty cool.:D

#25     Jul 14, 2003
  6. Chinook and MC 98, I have to agree with you on ramoutar. I considered taking a coaching session with him, and wound up going with the guys from Pristine. Ramoutar had some "eligibility requirements" that I didnt meet, what the hell is an "accredited investor" anyway? When I was at Pristine, I asked them what happened with Jai, they had nothing but great things to say about him. Thats the first freakin time I've see a situation like that where someone wasn't bashed.

Ramoutars posts seem pretty good, and he one of the only guys I have seen who hasn't fallen to the level of cursing or bashing. I like these new ones he's doing, there no sales bull, and I can relate to everything he's saying. One of a few guys that seems to e trading. The timeframe switcing was great, where's the "fear of the market" post? Anyway, let's see how long this goes. I like option77, marketsurfer, and harry trader too (even though he's too deep sometimes, Im not that smart). My two cents. Later dude!

#26     Jul 14, 2003