Can Obama win in a landslide ?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grandluxe, Mar 1, 2012.

Can Obama win in a landslide?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. That's some of the story, and it's easy to say the other guy's fault. What would Reagan do now? Who the hell knows, there is no absolutes in this one, never has been.

c

#11     Mar 2, 2012
  2. Eight

Eight

The inability of the US federal government to control the southern border is what has made me just ignore the whole US of A, it's problems, etc.. WTF do I care what a government like what we have does, or needs, or wants to do if they can't perform that most basic function? I guess it's a Democrat's dream what has happened to California. Liberals took over the government at every level, including the bureaucracy. The bureaucrats are not elected, they can't be thrown out of office and they do what they want to do without regard for rule of law. Mexicans can get housing in a week or two, whites wait for many years. I call it CathloFascism, we even have a Jesuit for a governor. I like the place in general but it's a mess, the budget underestimates are running at about the same level as the income shortfall, about two Billion $ a quarter and likely getting worse seeing as how the world is slipping into recession.

It has been posited that the maximum taxation that an economy can bear is about 50% of the GNP. The total budgets of all the public sector entities are about at that level currently and the economy is unable to lift itself out of the doldrums. I'm convinced that the public sector could be given the entire GNP every year and they would not have enough money, I'm seriously convinced of that. Some morons like Barney Frank/Pelosi/Reid would have no problem at all announcing that we have to raise more tax monies somehow even if we were at 100% GNP. they would find a way to spin it. the Tea Party would be attributed the blame or something.

I'm thinking that the whole public sector thingy is pretty much over with. Inflation is running 8% and there is nothing that will counter it's rise and continuation. Our dollar will have to go to fifteen cents for the Public debt to be in the realm where it could actually be sustained if not repaid.. a couple of years at 15-20% inflation and a couple more years at 100% inflation would reset things pretty good. I'm thinking that our cars will be traded off for technology. The younger generation would give up their car before their cellphone and I like that value system. We'll be growing veggies and raising goats and chickens before this mess is behind us. Half the economy will be black market and not paying taxes to the public sector so we could probably tell them go pound sand when they came for their tax money.

#12     Mar 2, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

The fact is the democraps in congress lied to President Reagan. They didn't do crapola to hold up their end of the bargain.

P

#13     Mar 2, 2012