Can NinjaTrader be trusted?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by snackly, Aug 30, 2008.

1. wenzi

wenzi

A patent.

#31     Jul 23, 2009
  2. That is the joke in it.

Add to that that I seriously prefer dynamic super dom anyway ;) Heck ;) Need to talk to Mirus once.... my.... new robots go online ;)

#32     Jul 24, 2009
  3. Eight

Eight

I expected the paranoia comment, it comes every time I discuss security... if you are thorough with security you're thorough, you think it all the way through......

Good fences make for good neighbors...

#33     Jul 24, 2009
  4. Thank you for listening the market ;)

#34     Jul 24, 2009
  5. srv

srv

Thanks for your answer. It makes sense.
    The intent of 10(g) would be much clearer if instead of it reading "some configurations" it just stated directly the one circumstance when it applies.
    And, to ease the minds of us "parinoids" further say NT will treat user data as "private" and not capture or save w/o explicit concent."

Thanks

#35     Jul 24, 2009
  6. Does Mirus include all of their fees in their r/t commission structure? Do you pay additional fees for front end software (Ninja) or anything else?

It would be nice if someone from Mirus would answer the phone :)

Thanks ahead of time for your responses.

#36     Apr 6, 2010
  7. "Does Mirus include all of their fees in their r/t commission structure? "

Yes

"Do you pay additional fees for front end software (Ninja)?"

Yes, but limited free version is available

"or anything else? "

No

"It would be nice if someone from Mirus would answer the phone "

The first time I contacted them with similar questions, I heard back directly from the owner, Pat. I think they've grown a lot since then though.

#37     Apr 6, 2010
  8. I should be able to start trading with ver 7 of NT in a few weeks as soon as my new laptop with Windows 7 pro arrives.

The only thing I don't like about NT on my home computer is that I have to keep it on for my strategies to work, so overnight trading is not something I can do and have a stop.

It would be nice if some strategies could be run on a trusted Internet server that I could trust would not broadcast my positions to someone else who my steal my code or piggy back on my trades.

#38     Apr 6, 2010
  9. I'd be more worried about Ninja stealing our leprechauns or unicorns than our winning strategies.

#39     Apr 6, 2010
  10. Why not install Ninjatrader on a VPS? That's what I do for my strategies.

#40     Apr 8, 2010