Can NinjaTrader be trusted?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by snackly, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Eight

Eight

I'm sort of still "edgy" around Ninjatrader and intellectual property. What if a rogue programmer had some stuff built in to monitor accounts and upload intellectual property if somebody's account rises? The Ninjatrader managers and workers would not know it necessarily... I'm behind a whitelisting firewall, the rogue would have to get into my computer, upload to ninjas license server and then upload to his computer, not likely that is going to happen but...

I am looking at Sierra Charts, their software requires a license check just once a month.. it will check every time you start it up but if they are not in the whitelist you have a worry free month. It would be possible to offload all intellectual property once a month, I rebuild from the hdd up about that often anyhow, so I could put all my ip on a thumb drive, rebuild the computer, log in to Sierra, then remove them from the whitelist and put my intellectual property back on the computer... my ip is safe from the ordinary hacker then... not safe from somebody with incredible resources like Homeland Security or NSA, they could temporarily put me on their terror list, march into my ISP or get on a Domain Name Server and demand to use the facilities to spy on me, spoof somebody on my whitelist [broker and data provider] and upload everything and then remove me from the terror list.. or not... but I don't think my intellectual property is anywhere near that great to attract that kind of attention... it could get there though...

Maybe Ninjatrader could go to the once a month license check and ease people's concerns.......

#21     Jul 23, 2009
  2. Maybe you just try to get over your paranoia?

Seriously.

Edges are cheap - using them proper is the problem ;)

#22     Jul 23, 2009
  3. Ive been using Ninja for my personal and client accts for over 7 months now, I have no worries about them seeing my account(s) info or even trading strategies.

You all are way too paranoid.....

#23     Jul 23, 2009
  4. Stok

Stok

So, using the Dynamic SuperDOM, we would NOT incur an fees from TT and none of our trade data will be submitted to Nija?

#24     Jul 23, 2009
  5. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Your understanding is correct.

#25     Jul 23, 2009
  6. Ray,

those of us at Mirus (they pay the fees) and.... switching to dynamic super dom (because ilike it better)...

...can we get a fee reduction from Mirus? ;)

#26     Jul 23, 2009
  7. NinjaTrader_Ray

That is a question for Mirus.

#27     Jul 23, 2009
  8. I will talk to them then ;)

#28     Jul 23, 2009
  9. Stok

Stok

Thanks. And, what is the difference between the Dynamic and Static DOM's anyways?

#29     Jul 23, 2009
  10. NinjaTrader_Ray

#30     Jul 23, 2009