can market profile be self-taught?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by hanzahar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. ammo

ammo

You've been doing that since you were born. Buy a notebook of graph paper and start hand charting in 1 point increments,at least in the es. You will soon see repititions ,and formations and 3/4 of the way thru the day you will see what part of your drawing is missing and watch the market go there and fill it in. Try it for a while without trading it.

#21     Nov 16, 2008
  2. Hanzahar, sounds to me like you should read the original publication that you can download for free from the CBOT. I downloaded it about two months ago, and am only on page sixty. But I have learned so much about how the market works. I don't know why, it just made things in me tick. I know in the future it will be the centerpiece in my trading plan.

Right now, I just use the value price levels, and combine it with the TICK to get an entry signal.

#22     Dec 26, 2008
  3. Personally, I like to atleast begin as being self taught. I remember when I first started reading Freud, okay off topic, but the original work is so important to read. When you read some one else's teaching of the original as certain percentage gets lost, and the further removed, the further lost. Understand the mater's original teachings, and then you can learn on your own, or seek help from other learners.

I'm just learning too, so maybe we can learn together. It's quite complicated but I can just tell there's major value here.

I'm making a little web site as I go, I don't know why, it just helps it to sink it to me.

www.ftvthailand.com - click on market profile.

www.helpmelearnmarketprofile.blogspot.com

I should probably stop making sites and spend more time in the book, but sharing as I learn has been really helpful.

#23     Dec 28, 2008