can market profile be self-taught?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by hanzahar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. hanzahar,

You have demonstrated an unwillingness to do the work. And a willingness to attend to the unimportant mind candy.

So, now, save yourself the trouble of trying to learn something hard and us the boredom of reading your foolish posts. You are are not up to it.

#11     Aug 27, 2008
  2. this thread is about self-taught not about attending classes or seminar...

i think you failed to read the thread's topic

I was asking if it is possible to learn market profile by self without attending online seminar or classes

I've already have a trading strategy I just want to look into market profile for decision support tool hence I do not think it is necessary to fork-out some $ to learn from some gurus and follow their trading strategies

I was hoping that someone in this forum tell me "yea I've learn MP by myself and successfully applied it without going to any classes"

of course I know MP takes time to learn...months perhaps years...

if you think this thread is foolish by all means you do not have to read it...

#12     Aug 27, 2008
  3. omniscient

omniscient Guest

since it seems you already have your own strategy, i'm not going to suggest or post anything that would have you doing any extended or expansive study of MP. instead, i suggest taking a look at this site and seeing if it resonates with you. if it does, cool, go with it. if not, no harm no foul, just move on.

GL

#13     Aug 27, 2008
  4. many thanks

the reason for me to learn MP is to identify the imbalance area...u know so that I can hold my position longer...and identifying market conditions

#14     Aug 27, 2008
  5. Market profile should contain LDB in the studies
    LDB is designated by Liquidity Data Bank

#15     Aug 28, 2008
  6. #17     Aug 30, 2008
  7. ammo

ammo

here's mp in a nutshell,the shape of the pattern is called a boob,the widest point on the boob is the nipple,if you make 2 boobs in one day the shallow part in the middle is the cleavage. The market uses the several previous days nipples and cleavages as support or resistance, the cleavage is similar to a gap and is often retraced to fill. When you have a nipple set up on your chart,you go with the move away from it,for instance,1291 hi,1270 lo,nip at 1280,you go with the moves away from 1280.if the 1290 was 4 ,1/2 hour letters ,say,cdef,(thats a ledge) and only one print at 1290,that ledge will not be there by the end of the day,the ledge represents a large seller and he will eventually be gone. If you hand chart it you can learn it on your own,if you use a program it will take a long time and you won't learn as much. Handcharting it ,your hand will eventually know where the market is going. If at the end of the day your boob is shaped like the small letter p,as is todays bond chart,the market has a strong chance of rallying tommorrrow. If at the end of the day it looks like the small letter b,strong chance of selling off tommorrow. Everyone spots different setups in it ,but if you see a few and they consistently react as you suspected,you,ve found the reason people like MP

#18     Sep 2, 2008
  8. ammo

ammo

and yes it is best to learn in on your own(self taught)

#19     Nov 16, 2008
  9. learn by mistakes?

#20     Nov 16, 2008