Can Lyft Deliver The Knockout Blow to Uber in Bid for First RideShare IPO? Not So Fast.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kastro_316, Mar 12, 2019.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

2. Seaweed

Seaweed

I find it so funny that they have a breakdown of which is better for drivers when the only way for these companies to be profitable is to ditch the drivers once the automated cars enter the scene. Imagine working for a company whose goal it is to get rid of you once the technology allows. If the technology isn't just around the corner, then how much longer can these companies lose 1 billion a year before going under?

If and when a car finally does hit the market, will it really be Uber or Lyft that will benefit? Me thinks an entire new company will be created by the manufacturer to capitalize on this. If its true that going forward, most people will not want to own cars, then the manufacturer will perhaps need to get into the business of running a rideshare. I don't think there will be enough profit in selling the car to a third party and having them run the business as margins will I imagine be quite low.

dennisa likes this.
  3. I can’t think of a single company who DOESN’T have that as their goal.

Not joking

nooby_mcnoob, birdman and Seaweed like this.