Can it be done?

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ScalperTrader, Oct 12, 2011.

1. The results are real and from a real account. For the time being, let's just stick to the purpose of why I am doing this (first post). Today marks the end of the third week. I am still contemplating the idea how I can best articulate how I trade, short of a live recorded session which I am planning on to do.

Today should have been twice as much easily. Had to leave early. Again, let's put the account size, leverage, and profits into perspective. It's ridiculous!

Also, just to put the real/SIM account issue to rest, to those how use X_Trader, you would clearly see the first Fill Window is from the SIM account, which I used to simply demonstrate the distinguishing features (Exch. and Contract), vs. Fill Window 4 for the real account, illustrating a nice real profit! Btw, non-farm payroll day pushed me into dabbling at the NQ!

Have a good weekend.

#31     Nov 4, 2011
  2. First, I LOVE the fact this is exactly what they say you CANT do and doesnt exist at all. "scalping/daytrading doesnt exist its only pretend..."

Keep going!! one trade at a time, single after single!!

Also why share strategy? I assume you worked too hard? Thats how i feel.

Keep posting man, great thread. Keep it up

#32     Nov 5, 2011
  3. good stuff, curious to know what the account balance is at this time. Keep up the good work, very inspirational.

#33     Nov 5, 2011
  4. Thanks for the kind words. And yes, it is purely scalping, to its truest form. And yes, I worked hard at it, and have paid my dues, but the market is so much bigger than that (and the ones we are competing against) it would not matter if everyone on ET learned to do this and took the same side of the trade! Good day, a few more scalps than usual considering I traded the first hour only.

#34     Nov 7, 2011
  5. Not much, seemingly. But again, put the account size, leverage, and percentages in perspective, and it's something. Also, it's all about making little profits day in and day out. Believe me, it will start to add up!

#35     Nov 8, 2011
  6. I just could not get a thing going today. Should have been a great day, but I was "trying" to scalp the long side only! Go figure. BUT, and I mean BUT, if you can manage to still make money if you are doing everything wrong with an account of this size, imagine what you can do when you are doing it right! It's all about managing the stop losses, and making profits everyday, albeit very little! I think, "it can be done!"

#36     Nov 9, 2011
  7. 1 trade? There's nothing wrong with that but it seems there had to be more opportunities that day.

#37     Nov 9, 2011
  8. attaboy!

#38     Nov 9, 2011
  9. booked

booked

how about some explanation of what you look for?

Bids/offers refreshing? size hitting the market but not going bid or offer? come on, don't be shy :p Why the 6's too? Why not the tnote or something?

You can stop avoiding the questions now if you like ;) Yes okay it can be done, we get it. I think it's the "how" that has everyone caught up, obviously it can be done otherwise 95% of the guys here wouldn't be here.

#39     Nov 11, 2011
  10. I don't quite understand what that means and what you are referring to? The whole purpose of this journal is to explore and find out if it can be done (considering all the parameters)!

#40     Nov 11, 2011