Can it be done?

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ScalperTrader, Oct 12, 2011.

1. I will share more details as we go.

And leverage up? :D With an account this size? :D

Just to recap again, I have read about and/or followed many on ET who have attempted at the "small account" trading endeavor, whether by choice, whether by force, and whether they were attempting to lure people to the ultimate dream by wanting to sell their magical indicators/systems/subscription service. So I thought to myself, why not do it and document it here? Again, to those who are the futures traders here, especially when the volatility is there, you know what it feels like treading water with an account this size!

Can it be done?

#11     Oct 14, 2011
  2. KBaines

KBaines

I am assuming you are being facetious because if not, really stupid advice.

#12     Oct 15, 2011
  3. KBaines

KBaines

Sounds like you have some sense albeit anyone posting trades on a forum is asking for trouble because the ego becomes a factor. I could never understand why any serious trader posts their trades. If you want to prove something just do it and then show your actual statements for the past three or four years. Which begs the question, is this a real money account or hypothetical?

#13     Oct 15, 2011
  4. Well, why wait till Friday to post, since I have the time now and only traded half day. You know, if you put it in perspective of "percentages", it just becomes ridiculous in view of the account size!

#14     Oct 17, 2011
  5. Shanb

Shanb

I Don't see you mentioning your account size anywhere in the thread, maybe I missed it?

#15     Oct 17, 2011
  6. That's what it is all about: "Can 'trading a small account' be done"? See the starting balance a week and a half ago on Friday.

#16     Oct 17, 2011
  7. What can I say, I just know what to do on days like today, even with an account this size!

#17     Oct 18, 2011
  8. Got chopped up, churned, and could not get anything going thereafter.

#18     Oct 19, 2011
  9. The NQ with $5 a tick value is becoming a bit of nuisance. Better stick with the 6's! Have a good weekend.

#19     Oct 21, 2011
  10. ch9wong

ch9wong

Hi ST,

Do you mind sharing your method? Thanks in advance.

CH

#20     Oct 24, 2011