Can it be done?

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ScalperTrader, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Here's the problem: Intra-day trading for quick hits is kind of like playing pro sports: <b>It's a young man's game.</b> I assume you're under 30 y/o (35 tops)? You don't want to find yourself with diminished trading skills at age 45, with a stack of unpayable bills and a mind full of 'woulda coulda shoulda' regrets.

I'd gladly swap my 18 years of pro trading experience for the vigor of youth that I've lost. The latter is far more valuable than the former, IMO. If I were you, I'd definitely strive to start putting something aside for the future and quit living 'paycheck to paycheck'.

#141     Jul 22, 2013
  2. zbojnik

zbojnik

Wow, just cannot trade 6E this way today...

#142     Jul 25, 2013
  3. Dang.. Rearden.. that is so freakin true. I miss being bullet proof. When the hot girls start calling you sir. .maybe it's time to settle down..

#143     Jul 25, 2013
  4. vinc

vinc

what mentality ?

it's not about owing anything to anybody - it's about PROOF .. how do you know anybody is successful if you don't see his p/l or real time calls? :confused:

one guy pretends he can trade / no proof/ - this I can understand, the other wants proof - this is also understandable but your mentality koolaid is beyond comprehension /that is if you have one/..

#144     Jul 25, 2013
  5. I have been thinking about dusting off my old thread and see what's going on since I have been reading a lot more about people talking about scalping off the dome/matrix. Some good ideas out there, but none seems to line up with my way of doing! I am still messing around with the algos and the supposed "size" traders, and having a good a time! But I tell you, some these algos are getting to be pretty dumb and easier to figure out! My universe has expanded beyond the 6s to ZS, ZC, GC, TF, NG, CL etc. as there are the same algos running the same shenanigans on many other products! But of course, the comfort level still lies with 1 lot! Maybe we go on to 2 lots sometime this year! Hey, that's just like getting a 100% raise! But let's not spoil the fun. Will keep you on posting sporadic comments, screen shots, and P&Ls - again, just for fun and nothing else to prove! Good trading to all in 2014.

#145     Jan 27, 2014
  6. Do everyone a favour and don't bother.

#146     Jan 28, 2014
  7. Plenty of dumb algo action on 6J, 6A, and GC today - surprisingly a day before FOMC. Indeed, a good day to take their money!

#147     Jan 28, 2014
  8. was this a trader P/L thread?

#148     Jan 28, 2014