Can IQFeed be used for trading???

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by K.C., Jan 28, 2004.

1. What do they say? Great minds and the feed deprived.... :p

#11     Jan 29, 2004
  2. nevadan

nevadan

It wasn't just the Fed announcement yesterday that produced slow data. I put IQFeed side by side with esignal on the same computer and the same internet connection today, and I also had esignal on a seperate platform using a T1 line and guess what?
    IQFeed lagged miserably, up to a full minute plus while the esignal only fell behind the T1 data feed by at most three seconds. I cancelled my IQFeed subscription today.

#12     Jan 30, 2004
  3. K.C.

K.C.

I thought they already fixed the problem but it’s lagging about 10-15 sec again today.

#13     Feb 6, 2004
  4. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Get a squawk box... it's live. You get it as fast as Ben can speak and he can speak fast!

#14     Feb 6, 2004
  5. I phoned them.... they're working on it say they.

#15     Feb 6, 2004
  6. K.C.

K.C.

I noticed it today just before 10 am and at that time volume was nothing out of ordinary.

#16     Feb 6, 2004
  7. nevadan

nevadan

The day I canceled my subscription (next day after FOMC) was not particularly volatile and it still at one point was up to three minutes behind eSignal. I'd say they have a problem somewhere.

#17     Feb 6, 2004
  8. mrpace

mrpace

I must give credit to IQFeed today. Lots of action after CC was released this morning, and IQFeed kept right up with IB (I'm watching ES). As a matter of fact, IQFeed has been very very good lately.

Lets hope it stays this way....

#18     Feb 24, 2004