Can IB TWS show local time ?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by joesan, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Is this a Beta I missed???

,.... Nevermnd, I saw your screenshot

#11     Mar 16, 2007
  2. Daylight savings time adjustment caused my computer to show different times and found I needed to update the Java software to show local time correctly.

#12     Mar 16, 2007
  3. It's Saturday, so I can't login to check, but I believe there's a configuration option to show the server time vs. showing local time.

#13     Mar 17, 2007
  4. joesan

joesan

Would appreciate it if you can advise me how to do this.

Joesan

#14     Mar 17, 2007
  5. Just server time and login time are all I am aware of. generally you just look at your computers clock to see local time. Seems kind of redundant to have it in TWS as well.

#15     Mar 17, 2007
  6. joesan

joesan

The TWS execution report adopt the same time format as the time appearing in the lower right corner of TWS. So it may be confusing if it is not local time.

#16     Mar 18, 2007
  7. Well there is a reason. Unfortuantely, I dont see where it does. allow youto view local time. I scoured the manual and website for just an answer...

#17     Mar 18, 2007
  8. Sorry, I was wrong. The "display server time" option only lets you choose between displaying the server time in the lower right-hand corner and not displaying anything there.

#18     Mar 20, 2007
  9. joesan

joesan

Hi, this problem remains though I have upgraded to Java 1.6.0_01 and TWS build 871.3 Has IB solved this problem ? My TWS still shows time of the timezone of the US server, I need it to show the timezone of my location, which is 13 hours earlier.

#19     May 4, 2007
  10. joesan

joesan

Gladly to annouce that now it is a solved problem.

Originally I always got US time (GMT -5:00 format time ) though I am located in Shanghai, China (GMT +8:00 time ), and the timezone setting in my Windows OS has always been GMT+8:00, which is correct for my timezone.

last night I got a hint from a PM from Dav of IB, and made a test to change my Windows timezone setting to another one( GMT +5:00), and restart TWS. Amazingly now the TWS shows the local time of GMT +5:00 . So I closed TWS, and changed Windows timezone setting back to GMT +8:00 and restarted TWS, everything is OK now, TWS now shows my local time correctly in the lower right corner.

I think when TWS does not show local time correctly, you can repeat the above operation, change the Windows timezone setting twice and the problem will be solved.

Many thanks to Dav. I can view TWS execution list (whose time format is in my local time now ) during the trading session much more efficiently now.

#20     May 4, 2007