Can IB auto-accept incoming connection?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by Stok, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Yep, you are right. I stand corrected.
    Incidently, the menu is Configure->API->All API Settings and it's at the bottom.

#11     Jul 13, 2010
  2. Stok

Stok

Yes, I start up TWS fresh actually at 3pm CST everyday. It is around 4:30pmCST that IB data goes down and then comes back. Ninja somehow keeps some little connection going and IB never has to ask if "Accept incoming connection", but Ninja will do that little noise thing that means connected.

So, it is my problem with Ensign now. I am going to look into autohotkeys, but by adding 127.0.0.1, will that correct the problem?

edited: Yes, it's the pop-up in TWS. When Ensign loses data feed during that brief period, it tries to reconnect (there is an option within Ensign that is enabled to reconnect). Just looking for a way for TWS to auto connect to Ensign.

#12     Jul 14, 2010
  3. Totantaz

Totantaz

Hi,

Im using Ninjatrader beta 7 and its seems to auto-connect to TWS without problem.

When i open the Ninjatrader Platform, i see the "incoming connection accept/decline" window pop for about 1 second and it vanishes after. Ninjatrader then connects itself and receives the feed

cheers,

Totantaz

#13     Jul 14, 2010
  4. Stok

Stok

Yes, Ninja does that and is fine, so I know it can be done with other API's connections.

#14     Jul 14, 2010
  5. Stok

Stok

127.0.0.1 seems to work!! Thanks!

#15     Jul 14, 2010
  6. saikou

saikou

Thanks! Pulling up a dead thread here but the popup was really annoying me and 127.0.0.1 totally did the trick.

#16     Apr 21, 2014
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Ensign software is still around?

#17     Apr 22, 2014
  8. saikou

saikou

Ah, actually I have no idea what Ensign is, but I'm using the IB API and wanted to get rid of the popup every time I connected to it.. and this worked.

#18     Apr 23, 2014