can i trust lightspeed with my money?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by yamin2000, Jun 14, 2017.

1. i960

i960

Lightspeed is just a futures introducing broker here, the clearing firm is Wedbush which is CFTC regulated. If anything the "prop firm" here is the trader himself.

To give you an analogy, the bank doing the firesale in Max E's situation would roughly occupy the same position Wedbush has here, and your money is with THEM not with another firm before them.

That being said, have clearing firms gone under? Definitely. PFG, MFG...

#51     Jun 14, 2017
    Max E. likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

What do Penguins have to do with Cheez-Whiz?

#52     Jun 14, 2017
  3. dumpdapump

dumpdapump

Why not just take a minute to take a deep breath. Most of your claims have already been debunked and you admitted to them having been wrong. Then you were told by multiple people that this is not about prop firms.
    And yes this is absolutely about the clearing firm because you will not be mailing your cheque to Lightspeed but their clearer.

#53     Jun 14, 2017
  4. sss12

sss12

In addition, cash in most MMF is considered a security and just like all other securities is not co mingled with the firms assets. Again, OP is asking about a broker dealer relationship, not a prop situation.

#54     Jun 14, 2017
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Here is what im getting at and im just going to leave it here and be done with this conversation.... I put like 200k with a prop firm, and my clearing firm was ETC.

ETC is a reputable clearing firm, but when you put your money in a prop account your funds are automatically comingled. ETC didnt stop my firm from just fucking torching me, the person who ran the firm said, "ok lights out, im outta here." and lifted all our money.

The clearing firm doesnt fucking matter if you sign up to a prop firm, and sign a prop agreement. Why are you guys telling me wrong when i lost everything i had, do you think i was so stupid i didnt think of the clearing firm? Do you think i didnt go over all of this shit a million times? Do you think i didnt hire a fucking lawyer?

What im telling you is not a lie, i dont get why you guys are fighting me so bad on this, your clearing firm DOESNT FUCKING MATTER. When you sign a prop agreement you are basically saying you have no problem with comingling.

#55     Jun 14, 2017
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Its funny you should ask.
    Play side two of Pink Floyd's "Animals" in reverse.
    Only then will you find that which you seek.

#56     Jun 14, 2017
  7. Overnight

Overnight

You shitty man you. I will deal with you in a min.

#57     Jun 14, 2017
  8. dumpdapump

dumpdapump

Have a good night and sleep well.

#58     Jun 14, 2017
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

Well let me know when your ready.... the oven is beeping as I type.... hot and ready DiGiorno's.

#59     Jun 14, 2017
    Max E. likes this.
  10. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, happy you left it there i feel the same way, think we should just drop it, hope you have a good night too, sorry for getting worked up but this one hits home for me "Bigly"

#60     Jun 14, 2017